King of the hill style games

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by coldsuit, July 27, 2014.

1. coldsuit

coldsuit New Member

Hello everyone. I have recently began hosting games with a mode and map of my own design.

How is king of the hill played?

First it needs two teams of three with shared armies. Then I tell each team what planet they spawn on. For example, team orange will start on earth, green will start on reach. The hill is tribute, a planet with extra metal spots in the middle. In the beginning, each team has a planet to themselves to get started on. Then whoever gets to the hill first and fortifies it usually wins.

There are still several things that need to be changed, like the amount of metal on the hill, or the size of the planets.

But the mode is realitively balanced and relies mainly on your team members.

If you which to join, just look for coldsuit101@king of the hill

Good luck and see you on the battlefield commanders.
  2. Deletive

Deletive Member

I use to play that endlessly with friends on PA :) 2 of us and 2 AI or something and we'd have 3 moons (2 spawnable) and we start on one moon they start on the other. now there is this big planet you have to reach and whoever has it first can use it. the 3rd moon has rockets on it but can be attained easily and you can launch that or your own moon into the commanders planet :)
  3. coldsuit

coldsuit New Member

Well, I'm not having the hill be smash able because it would only serve as a cheap way to end the game.
  4. Deletive

Deletive Member

yeah but when I use to play it was practically impossible to win a game because the moons would be just so fortifed.