Poll: Make air Teleportable in Statera? (Here for visability as the poll is useless without votes)

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, July 26, 2014.

?

Should air in Statera be Teleportable?

1. Yes.

57.1%
  2. No.

32.1%
  3. Yes if (Elaborate in a post)

10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

air even if vulnerable is way to mobile and way to prone for sniping this alone makes air powerfull enough in mid to lategame situations ... also how should one defend against a sudden stream of airunits
    the attacker merely needs to bring hornets with him to protect his bombers
    the defender would be forced to go aa or being harased while the attacker would gain enough time to build a bigger force
    to me doing this would make air way to powerful invalidating bots entirely, tanks being way too slow ... so again air being the only viable counter while mobile yourself ...
    bots tanks and ships are supposed to be your main firepower ... air is fire support imo ...
    also giving any layer the same option of teleporting is rather a lazy strategy that would be mostly used for the layer that is best ...
    and air generaly has less counters than bots tanks and ships ... i suggest teleports to ground and naval only...
    one more note : i would be against giving tacmissiles
    aa capabilities aswell ... it would just bring up the same issue TA had with samsons .... now since this is a mod you are of course free to try whatever you like ... those are just my general opinions on the topic of airteleporters
    Last edited: July 29, 2014
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Almost everything you said is invalid in Statera. :/
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If you want to make your naval fleet be stuck in the middle of nowhere for eternity, go ahead. :/
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you asked why i would vote against it .... that is my answer ... its your mod anyway ... so make with that answer what you like
    KNight likes this.
  5. broadsideet

broadsideet Active Member

I would say "No" unless the air was transported through by aircraft carriers or land based carriers. I honestly don't like how air is set up in PA and I would like to see limited air mobility that limits them to air fields or aircraft carriers. Assuming that this would never happen, I would not want air to be teleportable unless they weren't the most cost efficient and speedy way to attack.

Again, my complaints of teleporting air come because of how air operates in PA. Change that, and my complaints vanish.
  6. tohron

tohron Active Member

I had several reasons for voting "No":
    • It presents an interesting decision to people looking to claim a planet: they can focus on air, which can claim the planet quickly and provide reasonable rapid-response to invasions, or they can focus on ground, which has a slower expansion rate but can do interplanetary travel.
    • Restricting an attacker to not have air gives the defender exclusive access to a high-speed response force: given the fact that a teleporter can go down anywhere on a planet, but the defender can't be everywhere at once, this is an important advantage.
    • Aerial teleportation wouldn't fix the one case where a defender has too much of an advantage (in the case of a planet filled with Umbrellas backed by a few anti-nukes). The problem there is that you can't get a teleporter down in the first place, not that you can't send air through it.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I also wanted to state the game should probably only allow naval teleporters link to naval teleporters, except that proved difficult for me, but I wish Uber would just duplicate their work for 2 units that can only link to themselves but both "act like teleporters".
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Since Brad locked the other one, I feel should probably do the same here for the sake of consistency; sorry chaps.
    nanolathe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.