BREAKING NEWS: COLD WAR TWO. Wait what?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tehtrekd, July 24, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Yep.
    Mhmm.
    Time Magazine called it, the escalating tension between the US and Russia is indeed...
    putin-cover.jpg
    I don't think Time knows what the first Cold War was...

At any rate, on the topic of Vlady and his likely soon-to-come annexation of Crimea, what do you guys think will come of it?
    Some people are predicting WWIII, some people are predicting absolutely nothing, some people are even predicting the revival of the USSR.
    Everyone's got a theory, what's yours?

Mine's more on the "absolutely nothing" side of things. I think Russia might be embargoed but I don't think any horrifying worldwide nuclear conflict will break out. I most definitely don't think the USSR is coming back (although it would be interesting.)
  2. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

I think that this is all bs, people have nothing else to talk about and just try to make a big deal out of something someone said and most likely didn't mean it that way. There is nothing to gain from this war. As long they are both top of the world there is much to lose and im sertain they are both greedy enough to not lose this position.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Everything involving world-politics in this day and age is bs.
    With the exception of the middle-east, it's just a bunch of crazies with power having ****-measuring contests at this point. I'm pretty convinced that conflict only happens because a peaceful world would be boring.
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Everything.. EVERYTHING comes down to money ALWAYS. The IMF is livid.. like foaming at the mouth livid RBICs decided to open up the New Development Bank and emergency reserve fund potentially countering their monopoly on global finances. It is set to open in 2016.. the IMF attempting to mess up Ukraine and hurt Russia is what is going on.
    Just googgle "New Development Bank" read the stories from both the east and the west it is wise to understand all media is propganda.
  5. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

I have no theory because I'm not dumb enough to think I'm knowledgeable enough as a citizen to have any pretensions of having a clue about a complex problem like this.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I'm just surprised nobody brings up how Putin's been in power for like over a decade.
    And hey it's fine that whole criminalising gays in Russia thing just blew over right?
    And hey Russia should be banned from Dota because cyka
  7. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

Well if you don't watch the news, don't know any politician, don't know basic economy and some history then I guess any thery you might think will be "dumb". I don't see any harm in having a thery even if it's wrong, the only thing it changes is your personal opinion towards the goverment. Don't be a sheep, question everything.

Do you think you live in your country? No, you live in their contry and you are paying to have a life in their contry with their rules. This how I see the goverment.
  8. kvalheim

You're american right?
  9. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

There is no escalating tension between the US and Russia, it`s only new`s. War has allways been and will allways be intill day 1 or day zero. It`s bussnies If i let you inside my brain you would see. There will be NO war between U.S and Russia simpley because it`s business, its huge business, world wide business. Money makeing machines, I dont know how to type this soo you understand what i mean but i know one word, Monkey word, simple and easy, there will be no war! understadning war means you understand business, and business is not marketing, it`s money, and frankly U.S world wide, is nothing! and Stop ******* thinking you understand cuz they day you do is the day you understand nothing.
  10. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

hey hey hey
    красивая боевая девушка не должна так говорить.

I thought my terrible english would give away that I'm not. I'm Belarusian(?). Well im from belarus originally.
  11. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

What do I need to smoke to understand this?
    Clopse and stuart98 like this.
  12. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

All im saying is, the day you understand something is the day you understand nothing and there is so much between something and nothing.
    Orome likes this.
  13. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Noone understands! I dont understand, the more i understand is the more i dont understand, but im not really into big business and all that i just drink red wine:) and this is really interesting but someone is messing with my post and delaying my IP "hrmm" Garat! :D
  14. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

So true

it must be the wine then. I suggest you to quit it.
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

But don`t you see as so many befor you, i`m one. i`m one of a kind, I`m ******* king I`m ******* cosmos. And guess what, you are to!
  16. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Hyperbolic magazine is hyperbolic.
    LavaSnake likes this.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Simple geopolitics, people. Russia has a lot of oil - and they can't afford the price to drop. Russia also has a fragile economy, mostly due to an overbearing, corrupt government that let the corporate dudes run amock. Thus, they are a ticking economic time bomb. It's only a matter of time before the straw house comes tumbling down.

Putin, seeing weakness in the White House's foreign policy, decided to grab life by the horns. Why not give the economy a boost with a war, or, short of that, heightened tensions and an excuse for some crisis management? Thus, Ukraine. Mind, way back during the Cold War, the Soviets laid the groundwork for a lot of the undercover stuff we saw in Ukraine these past few months.

It gets a lot more complex than this. On that side of the water, most everyone has their hands dirty in someone else's pockets. Predicting an outcome is nothing short of impossible.
  19. kvalheim

Ah, it was just your post ran the american line of OVER-paranoia in government. Not in the sane sense, more in the "THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE MAH GUNS AND PUT GAY PEOPLE ON MY FACE"
    Geers likes this.
  20. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that anybody who is not directly involved in this **** has probably like 1% of the truth and 99% of propaganda bullshit.
    thetrophysystem likes this.