Game Freezes When Starting Tutorial or Single Player Mode

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by ComputerSlayer, January 23, 2011.

1. ComputerSlayer

ComputerSlayer New Member

I just purchased this game on Steam today. It seemed to download and install fine.

However, when the game started up for the first time, it only showed about 2-3 seconds of the introductory video before freezing. Ctrl+alt+del did nothing, so I had to do a hard reset.

I'm running XP SP3 with the latest updates, an ATi 4850 with Catalyst 10.12, and 1920x1080 resolution.

After entering the game the second time, I was able to get to the menu and tried to start the tutorial, but after progressing past the loading screen the intro video froze 2-3 seconds in.

After a reboot, I tried going in a third time and starting single player mode, but after progressing past the loading screen, that also froze the game 2-3 seconds into the video.

I'm obviously disappointed right now. Any suggestions?
  2. ComputerSlayer

Monday's update improved things, but not by much.

The tutorial runs for 2-3 seconds, stutters for a few seconds, then continues normally.

It freezes again after a few minutes of play. The freeze is strange in that while the video freezes, the audio finishes the sound effects it was playing. For example, the background sound of a crowd cheering continues to play for a few seconds (and I'm guessing it only stops when it reaches the end of the sound file).

The game still remains unresponsive after a freeze (alt+f4, windows-key, ctrl+alt+del do nothing).

I've verified the integrity of the game cache, and it was fine.

This is getting a little frustrating. Any ideas?
  3. Esham

Esham New Member

I read somewhere that the latest ATI drivers aren't playing nice.

Maybe try rolling back?
  4. ComputerSlayer

Going back to catalyst 10.8 allowed me to play the game finally. I played for about an hour without coming across the freezing issue.
  5. nitzan

nitzan New Member

Can you give a download link for the other ATI users who are encountering the same issue?
    (like me)
    Thanks in advance.
  6. Bert

Bert New Member

Same thing that's happening to you is happening to me. Oh well..I don't see why I should have to roll back my drivers for one game. Let em fix it.
  7. neg

neg New Member