Mailbag Questions!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, July 16, 2014.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Hahahahaha.....

No. The feels? I don't use the feels. Use math at least a little. Balance isn't anywhere close right now.

QUESTION:

I want someone to outline the plans to mass-produce a line of commander plushies.
    The whole enchilada. Schematics. Roadmaps. Bizarre billboards.
    ArchieBuld and stuart98 like this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

VAT?!??
    [​IMG]

sad dog was appropriate, but more so for you loosing the effect
    someonewhoisnobody likes this.
  3. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Balance close to being finished...maybe in pacing but we have an entire unit type *cough bots cough* invalidated due to another being much much better. *cough tanks cough* Bots need some form of AA, as well as extreme buffs to the dox making it a viable fighter or infantry like class to contend with the tank. Currently its useless, even for "raiding" a role we really could use another unit for instead of one as crucial to bot balance as the dox.
  4. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Are there plans for more streamlining of the ui, especially when it comes to the lategame, where it becomes hard to select the units you actually want (let alone see them...), manage multiple planets, issue new production orders to dozens (if not hundreds) of factories spread across multiple celestial bodies, connect all kinds of different teleporters and keep track of everything that's going on (sometimes I have a hard time even when fighting only on a single planet because of the slightly confusing camera and because I can never ever see everything that's going on at the same time...I often win such battles, but I often have no clear picture of where all of my troops are on that sphere)? And more :p

Are editable commands (such as editing the placement of buildings) like in SupCom and more advanced (editable) build queues planned ?

What happened to the "Uber Command System" ? Area Commands are in (but need some work..especially the area attack command for bombers and the patrol command) but what more is planned ?
    The "Custom Formations" are kind of there but noone uses them because they are not working properly, yet. (Although they have lots of potential for awesomeness).
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Ben and Forrest do PA. Eka I feel for some reason is being reserved similarly to how I felt scathis was up until being brought in. That is good though, EA cuts anyone and everyone and will buy whole developments to cut them, and that is why they are terrible.

Bots have many options. Honestly, dox? I thought if they had more than average range, they could at least kite. And I am talking about their current low damage but at 120 instead of 100 range
  6. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Do American's really say astroid instead of asteroid, or is it some kind of weird affectation that's evolved on these forums?

Or maybe I'm going mad and there's actually an astronomical distinction?
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

We sometimes drop syllables in words because we get lazy, but it is always spelled asteroid. I don't see where anyone spelled it wrong though. Probably just a spelling mistake if they did.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I see the system editor is getting some love. I hope there is more coming, although I could wait until post-release. I'd like to see improved navigation and a planet list, because clicking on planets (if I can see them in the first place) currently makes me just want to give up and stick to boring systems.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  9. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Question: Will Metal count for planets come back without mods? That's a fairly useful piece of info
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It's not just Americans, it's a common spelling mistake. :p
  11. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

Ikr :( :(
    But PA devs use source control so there is nothing stopping them from just looking back and finding the better effect file
    *Glares at devs*
  12. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

When do we get a Jackbot commander?

I mean srsly. It's basically a fatter sexier Delta anyway.
  13. HUNDAR

HUNDAR New Member

any news for the development of the galactic war? pls based god Brad, give us an update
    Last edited: July 17, 2014
  14. sleepykid12

sleepykid12 New Member

Yeah, what are you plans for solving orbital stalemates with galactic war when you don't have enough tech to do a proper orbital invasion.
  15. torrasque

torrasque Active Member

Is any official matchmaking feature planned? Or are we supposed to use community website/mods?
    gtf50 and Jaedrik like this.
  16. HUNDAR

HUNDAR New Member

also, this might sound silly, but we will have the possibility to change the color and the size of the star in the future?
    websterx01 likes this.
  17. Hamstie

Hamstie New Member

Could you show me the poll that proves this?
  18. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Just use the search function. Not sure if there ever has been a poll, but ever single thread that brought this up has shown that a lot of people are against it.
  19. donut64

donut64 Member

My biggest concern with PA is how aggravating fighting over multiple planets is. You've already given us a non-answer on that, but frankly I am hoping something like the Unit Cannon is about the cost of a T1 factory so multi-planets actually work.
  20. gtf50

gtf50 Member

I'm not sure fighting over multiple planets is aggravating, unless you've let someone turtle on a planet for a good 30 minutes or so. You aren't using astreuses (astrae?) to transport between planets are you? (microing those is definitely aggravating) What is aggravating about fighting over multiple planets?