Quitting At Score Screen

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by DeathByVoid, February 3, 2011.

1. DeathByVoid

DeathByVoid New Member

Hey whenever you quit mid-game or even at the score screen it says "Any unsaved progress will be lost."
    I was just wondering what exactly that meant.
    Does it mean anything I earned during the match does not count?
    Sometimes I just don't want to wait for the score screen timer to end so I just quit.

Anyways, thanks.
  2. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Yeah, it means any stats won't be saved, such as earned ProTags, bot kills, or money earned.
  3. DeathByVoid

DeathByVoid New Member

Dang, that really sucks and probably means I have lost a lot of stuff.
  4. FTP

FTP New Member

This actually is really agitating, since I get dropped by, like, 80% of the servers after a half to one and a half rounds...
  5. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

I actually saw a return of the stuttering followed by crash on the moneyball at the end of a round today for the first time since beta.

It scared me.
  6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

holy crap

this is why people keep saying i'm bad at the game because I only have 80 assault rifle kills lol..

I quit every match after the scoreboard comes up, unless i'm staying on the server.

OMG OMG OMG.. please add better notes to the score board.. it is NOT clear enough.. I thought at worse you loose the MONEY, not the STATS and TAGS
  7. Esham

Esham New Member

Well it does say all progress will be lost before you quit out.

I usually wait to get back to the lobby most of the time. Now i will do it all the time knowing this.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I thought this was common knowledge. Although it does say "Saving..." is the upper-left of the screen right before it goes to the endgame scoreboard.. This begs to ask what is it saving?
  9. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Common knowledge on the board, maybe, if you look for it.

but the SAVING thing is what made me htink all my achievements/tags would atleast be saved, I was willing to give up the cash to get out faster lol.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Common knowledge as in other games that are out there, not just MNC.
  11. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Please name 2 games that have this? Where any achievements, or cash earned require you to wait 15 seconds after the match is over, and after save is done flashing?

Thats not a common knoweldge thing for a 3rd person shooter man.. heck not even in an RPG or MMO.
  12. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Data is written out to your profile and to the Steam stats system moments after you see the money ball drop at game end. This is why there have been a variety of "money ball crashes", this is when the game is doing all it's booking keeping. If you make it to the scoreboard, all of your data should be saved.

We know of one remaining "money ball crash" (similar to but not the same as "the" money ball crash from beta) and we're trying to track it down, but it's pretty rare and so it's hard to get solid fixing/testing done on it... but it is one of our priorities at the moment.
  13. tinygod

tinygod New Member

so its just the money than that doesnt go to you, or does it all go?

And thanks for the response.