Plans after PA and Toy Rush?

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by websterx01, May 4, 2014.

1. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

It's kinda obvious to me really
    Given the trends of certain games I will not name here...
    ;-)

PA....

PA:K

Planet Siege!
    /me runs from the thread as fast as he can.... tee hee!
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

BTW, SMNC still works, I constantly stream and record it twitch/youtube.

I predict PA will ultimately see a decade of development. No, not perpetual beta, but the series and platform itself.

Maybe the engine will be platformise?

Maybe SMNC will see more work.

Maybe a larger platform of mobile games will be established.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Heheh

Uber Planetary Annihilation

Yeah, I went there :D
  4. prospekt46

prospekt46 Member

I could see a MNC sequel doing well on new consoles and PC. MNC is a game that with decent support can carry a long life span. MNC on the 360 has been arguably more active than SMNC in the past year. I just don't know if Uber could actually pull off a sequel. No offense to SMNC but I think it really missed the essence of what the first game was thanks to the very sterilized MOBA gamestyle vs the fast paced TPS objective based game MNC was.
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Fixed that for you;)
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

I would like to see another rts with base building and collecting resources. Something modern. Maybe factions of terrorist, usa, china, russia.
  7. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I would like to see something in the MNC universe...even if it's turn-based/rts
    DeadStretch likes this.
  8. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

9. trialq

trialq Post Master General

A few games they did before PA. I gather it's FPS meets MOBA and looks quite fun.

A good turn-based strategy would be nice from a proper dev team, however I believe the market isn't there. Not to over-generalise, but generally the kind of people who enjoy TBS games are the kind who would seek open-source games like The Battle for Wesnoth, which is awesome BTW. I don't know, a proper dev team could probably make a successful TBS if release on phones and tablets was part of the plan; I suspect TBS could thrive there.
  10. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Monday Night Combat 2: Electric Boogaloo
    websterx01 and squishypon3 like this.
  11. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I like all types of games, PA just doesn't interest me for some reason. Maybe it would have if it was MNC-related.
    DeadStretch likes this.
  12. kvalheim

PA is cool but just feels kinda soulless.

UBER has a GREAT flair for interesting and compelling settings (assuming MNC wasn't just pure luck) and that feels squandered on PA.
  13. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

PA 2
  14. realwar

realwar Member

So basically Rise of the Reds mod for Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour?
    archcommander likes this.
  15. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

They're robots - they don't HAVE souls!
    DeadStretch likes this.
  16. kvalheim

SO I SAT THROUGH I, Robot FOR NOTHING?
    archcommander and squishypon3 like this.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think we both know that movie only did as well as it did because Will Smith. Now hold my pie.
    archcommander likes this.
  18. ikickasss

ikickasss Active Member

I love your Avatar. To bad EA cancelled Generals 2.
  19. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

MNC universe game, I like the RTS idea. Army of assault overthrowing the corporation.
  20. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am actually backwards. I like the Planetary Annihilation universe being made a 3rd person strategic shooter.

It would be a dream, if they took TotemArts or Heartcore games, and let them work on something in Unreal to make a strategic macro shooter out of PA or an update to MNC.

I know Unreal supports building structures, and ammo types with special effects. What if, like Dungeon Defenders, you use the buildwheel to build structures from commander to base on a battlefield against enemies or team vs team? What if, you could change control of units, where units have a functioning bot AI, but you could take control of any unit and control it like a shooter, so you could use dox or ants or gil-e or shellers or kestrel or the commander, and when one dies you resume control of the commander and any units you don't control function like bot AI? What if, you could quick-command bots to locations, by looking at the ground and pressing a button, you could make combat units form there?

Now, it could be macro, unreal supports 128 bots fairly smoothly, but it would have to have some tweaks. Not 60 metal points, probably make metal more like 2 points per cluster and 7 clusters a map. Make units cost 25 seconds of construction, and a factory consume an entire mex and pgen.

Most battles would have 12-36 combat units, and more units would scale less because of the effectiveness of the player. Games would be balanced with bot AI as long as each team had equal players, whether 1v1 or 6v6.

...again, either that, or advancing MNC, except not freetoplay and more open to the customer players hosting servers and customizing things.
    websterx01 and optimi like this.