Able Commander Poll

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, July 14, 2014.

?

Should Uber Entertainment offer the Able Commander?

1. Yes, offer the Able Commander.

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. No, do not offer the Able Commander.

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The main issue seems to be lack of art resources. Pity I have no modeling skills, because a community-created replacement commander would be really epic right about now.
    Bsport, Fr33Lancer, lokiCML and 2 others like this.
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Already asked, it's not feasible at this time.

Mike
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I completely agree with this! @KNight , whip something up for us, will you? ;)

No, but I hope that if the community votes "no" that Uber will let one of us make one for them. Or possibly ask one of the 1000$ backers if they could use one of theirs? I don't know.. there's a lot of possibilities, it'd just suck to have to wait a couple months due to Uber's tight schedule. :(
    carlorizzante and lokiCML like this.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I voted yes. I don't want a bad decision by uber to put a negative view on the whole community. It's a great cause handled badly but don't let the people that need the support be affected by this.

I Really don't care about the commander but more so the naive decision making behind it. Similar to the vanguard setup debacle. Just seems like this is a cesspit for people with personal vendettas against uber to stir crap.
  5. squishypon3

Oh that's funny, that you posted that right before I did. :p
  6. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I voted no. On principle of the thing because your word is your bond and my word is my bond. Hopefully will be pushed back after launch.
    carlorizzante, gtf50 and KNight like this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

here.

It's obvious a mistake was made.

Your poll is flawed and biased as it does not ask if a mistake was made. The poll asks if we want to help the charity or not.

Also people are voting because "they don't care about such things" – not because they believe you made a mistake or not.

If you wanted to know if people made a mistake or not, then phrase that in the poll.

Also doesn't even provide images of the commanders. Nor explanation of the situation. Just a, "then we can't help the children."
  8. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Clear "no" from me. If you don't have spare resources to do it properly, don't rush it.

It's your own reputation you are gambling with.

Blatant retexturing and selling that as a NEW commander is off limit. I don't even think that alternate textures are a valid sale option at all. Even though alternate skins for commanders you already own(!) would be very much welcome.
    ace63, vyolin, carlorizzante and 5 others like this.
  9. squishypon3

The poll itself is not biased, the information below is. If you didn't read the information below, and just the top, you'd have no push to do one or the other.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

So start your own poll asking if they made a mistake. I say yes they made a mistake, but the solution isn't to burn everything and pray for forgiveness grovelling at your feet. At some point you have to stop trying so hard to make sure you win just for the sake of winning and actually try to move forward.
    Quitch, kayonsmit101 and Fr33Lancer like this.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

squishypon3 and liquius like this.
  12. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Wow. That phrasing.

Such twisting and manipulating of words and the situation.

I started out by asking questions, messaging devs privately, and the like.

This shouldn't have blown up. There are many ways this could have gone down instead of what's happening.
  13. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

He's right though Brian.
  14. dala1984

dala1984 Member

Man they look a like...:confused:
    What about giving the able, to the kickstarters? Bad for charity I know!!

Or a new bad *** commander to the kickstarters?:D
  15. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

look i understand you guys want to offer a 'spin' on the prog commander, but in this case it just is not going to work, the community is just tearing up everything about this. =(
    IMO: do a spin on osiris commander, many people really like that commander, and having an altered version for a core-game-included commander would be much better then one that is more exclusive.

Just dont do this one, or any commander that has some sort of degree where it doesnt include access to everyone, i think you guys will be in for a rough time.
    If you want, run a poll on a spin WE would like to see! wether it be Osiris (like me!) or Aeson, or Centurion or any other...let the community decide on how they would like to donate to charity!!
    carlorizzante and dala1984 like this.
  16. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Wow, this was a real hard one... hahahahahahahahah, who the **** am I kidding? I voted yes in a heartbeat.

You've got a poll based on the reality of where we are now. Stop complaining that Uber doesn't have an art team twice as large, or a time machine, or a poll where you can pick an option that makes you feel warm and cuddly inside. Your points were made previously, we are where we are, now vote.
    ace63, Bsport, kayonsmit101 and 4 others like this.
  17. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.