Does uber really hate backers? Exclusive Commanders being given out, whats the point of backing?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brantleyyy, July 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tormidal

Tormidal Active Member

Looks pretty unique to me. Just saying.
  2. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Antenna is on different sides of body on the Progenitor and Able. "See the difference?"
    brantleyyy likes this.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Ooh, nice catch actually. This means they have technically followed their word, completely. :p

Edit: Actually, I'm sorry to tell you, but it's in the center on both of them, sorry!

(Note to Uber: Remove the antenna from the new Able Gamer's model. ;) )
  4. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Brian's right in that the model is the same. The antenna is not on opposite sides, because it isn't on a side. It's in the middle on the back. It only looks like it's on the side in the first image due to perspective.
    brantleyyy and janusbifrons like this.
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You paid to see the game be made, not for bragging rights on something that isn't even seen in regular gameplay.
    nehekaras and Geers like this.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

No, the models are exactly the same. The only reason the antennas are on different side is because of the perspective. The camera is in the center, so the antennas will be offset.

Look at the backside of the commander. The antennas are in the same spot.
    brantleyyy, cdrkf, cmdandy and 2 others like this.
  7. squishypon3

Yeah sorry, I said that without taking a look. :p
  8. gtf50

gtf50 Member

I don't believe that is true. Isn't the antenna in the middle?

EDIT: Bah, too slow
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  9. squishypon3

Hound on Uber to change something, quick! Haha. :D
    gtf50 likes this.
  10. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I eat my words:confused:
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Honestly it's not about "what we paid for" but more about "Uber really does need to be more clear with some of their meaning on very specific things."
    vyolin, cdrkf, janusbifrons and 2 others like this.
  12. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

You know what you get. You get my thanks. You get my gratitude as a happy player of PA for helping to make this PA a reality. What we have now is an awesome game with a great community. It would not have been possible without folks like you. I wish I could have put $200 or more into the game, but my reality is such that it was not to be. I know that if no one put in the $200 or more contributions, the game may have still been made, but I don't think the current energy surrounding PA would exist. Instead of just another RTS, we got something really special. I will probably never see your unique commander in game except in the lobby, or as a colored icon, but I still think you are really cool. I may never even encounter you in a game but you have my respect for being a part of something special that is more than just the sum of us and our wallets.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

STUPID STUPID STUPID.

OH MY GOD. HOLY HIGGS BOSON.

This is easily the stupidest thing I've read on this forum. If you paid $200 for a TINY MODEL YOU HARDLY SEE AT ALL then I don't know what to say to you. I simply cannot process how someone a purchase of that magnitude based on something so insignificant. The expensive packages existed to allow people who are die-hard fans of RTS and/or Uber to give the money they thing Uber deserves to make this game. That's IT.

There's been plenty of talk about this, and I can understand if people are irked because the description did say "unique model". But to say what you have said is inexcusable, pathetic, and completely out of proportion with the issue at hand.

IT DOESN'T AFFECT GAMEPLAY! AT ALL! STOP BEING SO RIDICULOUSLY PETTY! You're acting like children!

Lock this thread. This is a toxic thread. It has no right to exist.

I do my best not to rant or explode at people but wow. Just wow.
    selfavenger likes this.
  14. squishypon3

Did they break their Kickstarter promise? To a degree- yes... But the thing is, I can empathize with this situation, I honestly doubt they remembered they said they wouldn't use the model, they probably thought they said that you'd get a unique "commander" and not "model", honestly I'd forget this- no doubt. :p
  15. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

Should be nice if you go outside and take some fresh air. That's bring oxygen to the brain and will also calm you down.

I'm pretty sure he realized that he didn't paid 200$ to have a commander, but to help the game.
    And get back a commander as a big thank you.

Giving the same commander to everyone is dismissing the fact that he helped a lot for making PA possible, and it's kind of like taking back the "thank you!" from Uber.

Imagine your boss is giving you extra money for your hard work, calling it a bonus.
    The next day, you realize everyone get the same amount of money, but because of inflation.
    Last edited: July 14, 2014
    brantleyyy and cmdandy like this.
  16. squishypon3

But then you find out they get 5 nickels instead of 5 dimes. Because the progenitor and able are worth different values and have different looks, yet the same shape.

Just like dimes and nickels.
  17. Geers

I didn't lose anything. I don't care. You must have some pretty small standards if a single commander model counts as a "big thank you".
  18. thepilot

thepilot Well-Known Member

The problem is not the reward, it's the message behind it. I can't help you if you fail to see it.
    It's really intriguing that you don't understand the difference.

In my example, the is not the money, but also the fact that your boss acknowledge your hard work and reward it.
    The fact that the reward was meant to everyone make their acknowledgment of your hard work a fallacy.

So you are ready to accept anything as long as it doesn't affect you?
    How great human you are.
    brianpurkiss and cmdandy like this.
  19. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

I don't know where to post any more.... there's way too many threads! This whole issue hurts my head. Guys take a chill pill....

There are seriously bigger issues in the world to worry about than a skin on a commander. Right now I'm at work trying to look busy..... do you know how hard that is! :(

Cheers,

-Todd
  20. Geers

Do you really need a shiny object to feel good inside?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.