Polish : The List of Finishing Details yet to be implemented

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stonewood1612, July 13, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It should be an option honestly, most fair thing to do.
    stonewood1612 and kayonsmit101 like this.
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I actually miss the camera shake for nukes because the shaking makes the nukes feel like game ending weapons.

The nukes actually do their job in causing mass destruction, but the camera shaking is the icing on the cake that grants me satisfaction when I destroy an AI commander who has taken refuge on a moon.
    corteks and squishypon3 like this.
  3. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

if only we could have the smell of ozone, gunpowder, burned electronics in the game... then again, I'm not sure if I want to know what a nuke smells like.
  4. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased and surprised by the number of posts that appeared in less than 12 hours, gogo community! :D

Now some people didn't quite get the detail principle, things like asteroid belts, gas giants, biome 2.0, metal death stars,... those are things I'd consider big features. Of course they will be in the game and they'll be awesome, yet I was primarily focused on the details, the small things with low priority, but that are (sort of) necessary to make an awesome game.

You can suggest whatever you want, but I'll stick to adding details to this list.
  5. stonewood1612

Google Nose that....

I love the smell of fresh napalm in the morning... *sniffs* :cool:
  6. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

For sure buddy! It would be cool if it was an option. I personally like having a clear stable view and feel like when the screen shakes it takes away from the experience but that may just be me :)
    kjotak109 likes this.
  7. kjotak109

Okay, here's part 2 of my list:

- Planet icons on planets when the player zooms out to a certain point, like Sins of a Solar Empire. (This makes planets more identifiable at high zoom distance)

- Tier numbers on the build bar to make tech identification easier.

- (In the skirmish mode) A preview of the map and the ability to choose starting points for both the player and the AI. Also, the ability to choose which commander the AI should use. (The AI randomly chooses the Nemicus, Rallus, Aeson, Osiris, or Centurion commanders when an AI is added to a slot. It never selects the Invictus commander or any other commander)

- The ability to choose primary and secondary colors for both player and AI commanders.

- (UI) A button to instantly select the commander and zoom in to where it is at.

- Still thinking of more details...
    Knutsin likes this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Visually different weapons for coms...

Oh my that's not a fun thing to implement. I have a hacky version in Statera but hacky version is hacky.
  9. kjotak109

What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean "different weapons for each commander?" Or do you mean "change the Uber cannon color and enhance its visuals?"

Personally, I think the latter is a fun thing to implement. I want to see Uber cannons that are red, green, orange, or any color other than blue.

Also, the commander's standard weapon needs to be visually enhanced. Right now, all it does is fire small orange projectiles.
  10. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I'm hoping for more units, and a good balance before 1.0
  11. kjotak109

Part 3 of my list incoming...

- (If possible) Adjacency bonuses when generators/metal extractors are built next to factories in order to cut production costs.

- Trees should fall down when units move through the forests.

- Destructible mountains.

- Rings around planets (as an option).

- Enormous wreckage of ancient unit to randomly appear on some planets, can be reclaimable.

- Footprints that the commander can leave behind.

- More to come...
  12. stonewood1612

That's what I meant. The Theta has a rocket launcher, why does it not shoot rockets? The Delta has a different weapon than the Invictus, why do they not fire different projectiles?
  13. stonewood1612

planet icons used to be a thing a long while ago (end of alpha?), I'll add it to the list.

Secondary color options? YES PLEASE

Choose what commander the AI uses might something cool, although I would prefer pure random (a giant '?' in the lobby).

You can select the commander instantly when you click the player's icon in the top left, so that already exists. But it should be more clear. Update the tutorial!
  14. Corpserule

Corpserule Member

My list.

- Matchmaking (ranked system of some description)
    - Uber Games (huge games hosted by uber spanning many planets)
    - Join Games in progress (when used in conjuction with uber games, gives the ability to manage enormous empires)

The later two are on the list, though it doesn't specify how joining games in progress will be used, I hope the first is implemented, because as it stands, you will find some players completely controlling the game, and some players getting annihilated with little effort in every game

Unlike the other time the game's deadline was coming up (where there may have been a small amount of rioting...), i feel like the game could be released soon, and most other things could be incorporated in future updates
  15. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

This is confirmed not to be happening as this will change Uber's vision of base design.
  16. kjotak109

Here's another set of ideas that could make it in:

- The option to tidally lock planets to the sun and/or moons to planets.

- Different colored skies on every planet but moons.
  17. Knutsin

Knutsin New Member

It's not on the UI but,
    If you press the "select commander" button twice it zooms to it. Much like double tapping a control group to zoom.
  18. stonewood1612

The fact that there's so many people that don't know this makes me slightly pissed. I can't blame them, Uber should have made it more clear (update the tutorial!!), they only said it on the playtest livestreams a few times, it's not mentioned anywhere else.

So the button that does it is the player's icon in the very top left corner of the screen. If you click on your own icon, It'll select your commander and view where he's at. For enemy players you it shows you the area where their commander was last seen. Works in spectator mode too.

I'm updating the list soon, I've scavenged some more suggestions from this forum.
  19. stonewood1612

I updated the list a bit :)

What do you mean with both of these? like prevent a planet from moving (through time)?

Different colored skies are in. I assume you mean the atmosphere color, which is blue for most planets, red for lava, and nonexistent for moons. Do you mean that the space skybox fades to the planet's atmosphere color when you zoom in? (useful for cinematic view)
  20. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

Here's a couple more for your list:

1. A button for team games which (temporarily? While pressed?) displays all members of a team in the same colour, with each team having a different colour.
    2. A better interface for nukes. At the very list, counters for how many nukes are ready for launch, how many are queued for production and possibly, estimated time till the next is ready.
    3. An easy way to see a selected unit's patrol area / path. Same for attack / move commands, etc. Maybe use different colours - a red area / path = attack, blue = patrol, green = move
    4. A command for "return to your previous attack/patrol/move path/area". Sometimes I have units on patrol; I want to move them to attack something, then switch back to their previous command
    5. Better pathing for fabrication ships - they keep getting stuck on all kinds of stuff
    Last edited: July 18, 2014