game issue or maybe server browser issue?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Brad-Lee, January 27, 2011.

1. Brad-Lee

Brad-Lee New Member

hi, i just got the game and as soon as i joined a server through the server browser it plays fine for around 10-20 seconds then everyone starts running into walls and it is obvious that i have disconnected although the game doesnt say anything like "you have disconnected" and i can run around but just not shoot or do anything. i have opened the 7777-7778 ports and also disabled my firewall. if my friend joins a server then i join his game through steam, the game runs fine and i am able to play in that server for as long as i want. I just cant join a server through server browser. anyone else having this issue? any advice or solutions out there?
    thanks!
  2. Crest

Crest New Member

I'm getting this also. A while ago someone posted it had something to do with breaking connections to the master server after hitting refresh in the browser or something like that. I can't find the thread but I recall waiting for about 30 seconds after refreshing, THEN joining should let you play until you want to change server.

It's worked for me but I've barely been playing since it's quite a nuisance as half the servers are full and the others empty.

By the time I've started joining a server that had 3 or 4 slots it gets filled so I'm booted to menu. *Repeat 3 times, get bored, go play the Mega Drive*
  3. Kashyd

Kashyd New Member

I'm having this same problem since the beta... Haven't been able to play a single online match.

You guys have a thompson router aswell?
  4. Giantenemy

Giantenemy New Member

If you got a Thompson router, here is your "Fix" (aparently)
    I'm one of those with a BT" we dont like videogames so we are going to make it impossible for you to ever play them" homehub , so there is no way for tme to ever play the game, and i guess no chance of a refund either. But hopefully this will work for you guys
  5. Brad-Lee

Brad-Lee New Member

yeah, waiting around 30secs after refreshing fixes it :) i mean its not the best as then most of the games are full but at least now i can play!
    Thanks guys! :) :mrgreen: