WIN a Crossfire match w/ ANY class - 4 EASY STEPS! (updated)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Das Attack Cows, February 1, 2011.

1. Jackal Queenston

Jackal Queenston New Member

Re: How to WIN a Crossfire match with ANY class - 10 EASY STEPS!

... Would you mind if I copypasta'd your entire guide, with correct citing, and pasted it on mine?

This thing is f*cking golden. While it isn't the greatest, gameplay would get a lot more competitive and competent a lot faster if people read this. And damn you, you beat me to it; I was planning on starting a thread about this very topic.
  2. Das Attack Cows

Das Attack Cows New Member

Thank-you, Jackal Queenston! I am seriously flattered that you think so highly of my guide. :D

And sure, copy n' paste away my friend. Playing with/against more competent people was exactly my intentions. The games not as fun when there's less of a challenge!

Please bear in mind that I will be rewriting this when i get a chance to. I wrote it in about 20 minutes, and my thoughts weren't exactly transposed perfectly, as some information is a little disorganized.

Cheers! :D
    - Attack Cows
  3. Rammite

Rammite New Member

This is generally how I play Tank, and I've been playing since day one of PC beta.
  4. Das Attack Cows

Hi Rammite, thanks for your feedback!

So the system works, aye?
  5. Deeja

Deeja New Member

That won't indefinitely stop you from getting grappled though, not to mention your enemies unloading on you. Tank jetpack doesn't last very long either. That can be very problematic when attempting to push with juice because of things like air strikes and moves that knock you away (bombs, charges, slam etc). I hate trying to push and getting chain CC'd.

A juiced spin will kill almost anything in 1 hit, and everything in 2. Not to mention the spins also do damage to the turrets. Usually if I'm able to build up juice that means I have a kill-streak going and these kills will be worth more. Dead enemies allow me teammates to push easier. This is not to say I chase enemies around trying to wipe them all out, I'm just saying if there are any enemy pros nearby it's a good idea to death blossom them and continue killing turrets. I'd say I win 80-90% of my games so I must be doing something right :)

Just my 2 cents
  6. Lima Beans

Lima Beans New Member

So best way to build up juice is to just stick with the bots and kill bots? Doesnt it take a while to build up? How long does it usually take for you to get juiced farming bots so you can take out turrets?

Seems like bot farming often puts you in vulnerable position to get hit by snipers or ejectors or just being in dangerous area so you can die too often to get juice, but is this not what youve found?
  7. Deeja

Deeja New Member

Yes that's the best way to build up juice. Just be extra perceptive of your surroundings when farming bots. Obviously it's easier on some maps than others, and other classes are better at it than others. Be aware that snipers with their passive 3 can shoot bots you are around (even his own) to deal damage to you. If there are no enemies around you can also melee blackjacks for extra juice, just make sure they aren't in position to punch you over the edge.
  8. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Let's put it this way. The only way other classes can juice just as often is if they build crazy streaks to earn enough money to buy juice from the dispenser. That or slowly melee bots.

An assassin putting work on bots will regularly get the overdose protag.
  9. Das Attack Cows

I'll admit, Assassin is the easiest class to play in this manner. That is why she is ranked as the easiest to use in the guide.

However, attacking bots is not a slow means of building up juice--it only is if you don't pick up the juice boxes they drop. Most people will be relatively near to pick the money up, anyway. If left undisturbed, it should take less than 5 minutes to build up a juice charge on any quantity that the bots spawn.
  10. Das Attack Cows

The guide has been updated.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Suggestions:

Each class has a way to deal the most damage to the moneyball, and it isn't based on rate. Assault's grenade launcher, especially juiced, does the most damage of any other class, especially in addition to his bomb skill. Generally, the secondary weapon, except the tank's railgun, will do more moneyball damage. SMG and flak, Jetgun and product grenade, Grenade launcher and bomb, Shuriken launcher, Shotgun and airstrikes, Mortar (the mortar is a tricky one, as no gunner does that great of damage anyway so they should probably just defend their own moneyball, but the mortar does more damage than the mini with a rate endorsement, and the mini does more damage without a rate endorsement)

Each class is more useful for targetting a specific priority in that list. May help to list a class's strengths. Tanks are bots and pros. Assassins are bots and turrets. Gunners are turrets and pros... you know?

At the end, maybe emphasize to help teammates and focus on the same targets they focus on, as well as hitting targets apart from them so the enemy has multiple turrets to try to keep alive. 3 enemies are harder to kill than 1, and 3 targets are harder to save than 1.
  12. Das Attack Cows

Thank-you for your feedback! :D

My goal was not to make this guide too class-specific. It is a guideline for new players to understand a good way to play, so matches won't be so one-sided. Therefore, I made it as general as I possibly could.

Also, I find gunners to be more useful up front, due to their high offense and effective range being from close-medium distances.

I will do a few tests with the moneyball to confirm what you're saying about it. Do you play the PC version? The mechanics are different than those of the XBOX 360's.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Yes, the assault bomb and grenade launcher still does insane damage. 2x more than any other class. Could stand a 30% moneyball damage nerf to both. maybe a 10% nerf to shotgun damage.
  14. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Summary:
    Get map control
    Get juice/Kill turrets/Farm Bots/Keep Map Control/Upgrade Necessary Skills
    Push bots in
    Dey boll down
    Keep putting shots on the money ball to keep its shields down
    Victory
  15. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

It always ticks me off to see teammates completely ignore the moneyball until overtime. The shields are down, stop camping to farm bots and shoot it NOW; winning in overtime comes down to a crapshoot so leverage your advantage while you have it. You don't even have to camp the moneyball if it's heavily defended, just get a couple rounds into it and back off so someone else can still do damage 20 seconds from now.
  16. Salad Snake

Salad Snake New Member

What OP has done is basically lay out the proper mindset to any DOTA-style turret defense game. Which would be completely obvious and unneeded.....if you weren't talking to a mostly FPS crowd which is used to exactly the opposite (PvP first over PvE in terms of importance). Good show OP, I'm sure this will help many people who aren't familiar with these types of games and how one wins them.

If I may add something, in a DOTA-style game 90% of the time it's more important to retreat and stay alive then to kill an enemy player. If you kill and enemy and then die yourself, you've still lost because you cannot kill bots in the time it takes you to respawn and move to the front again. This is why positioning is SO important, overextending even a few feet too far can lead to a death (and loss of momentum). So always have an idea as to how "safe" your position is compared to where most of the pros/bots are fighting in a map, and always have an idea as to where you can retreat if you come under attack.

I've found that approaching MNC with a mindset more akin to League of Legends then Team Fortress 2 nets me many more wins. Preservation first, and work as a cog in the team's machine instead of trying to be a deathmatcher.
  17. Das Attack Cows

Hi, Salad Snake!

Thank-you for your feedback--it is appreciated. I will add something about survival later on.

This guide is geared towards the typical FPS player. I wanted to improve the quality of the crossfire matches I play.

Cheers!
    -Attack Cows :D
  18. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

:>

vs. attack cows
    played 4 matches, 1 in the same team which we won so i didnt include that one as it was pretty much a rush

won: (you can guess my name, first one his team raged at the end)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

lost:
    [​IMG]

in the last game i played we were pretty much outclasses lvl wise, my team has a horrible kill/death ratio and i ended up getting stuck in 3 vs 1 fights.

just saying, your not bad but not as good as you may make some people believe you are.

your tips are still valid points but i dont think posting your stats proves anything.
    As even the ones that my team won were (teamlvl) 60 vs. 80+ most of the time as you guys just kept picking the same team.
    (team balancing sucks b4lls imo to be honest)

Anyway, still fun playing with/vs you :) esp on the last one that i lost, as im prob the reason your ratio has been so horrible in those few games :p

Hope you dont take it the wrong way or anything, just wanted to prove something, talking the way you did in the first post only shows arrogance (the stats part), but judging from ingame chat ur a pretty decent guy :)

Hit me up on steam sometime and maybe we can play some games 2gether (as my friends stopped playing it im on my own now)
  19. Das Attack Cows

Hi Dragon-Guard, nice to see you again! Thanks for the feedback--no offense taken! :D

But just to point out a few things:

Posting my stats does prove that my method DOES work. Why do you think you see testimonies from several people during a weight loss commercial? Or testimonies from a program that allows you to work from home and 'make thousands'? It's to show IT WORKS! My intentions were not to show off, but to show the results of using my method.

However, please bear in mind that those stats are as of early February. It is now March, and since then, I've gained more responsibilities that only allow me to play MNC on the weekends. I've bumped down to about the 500's on the leader boards since then. So I will blatantly admit right away: I suck. :lol:

Ah yes, but only a few games were played. Out of the (about) 750+ crossfire matches I've played, I can guarantee you that there are more good games than bad ones. You just caught me slippin'. ;)

The stats were posted as of February. Numbers can change, but they don't lie.

True, but on Requiem's server, he does not allow customer sniper classes. With the default sniper class, a sticky bomb or an ejector will 1-hit KO a sniper. Still, not a completely legitimate excuse for me rushing out like a complete idiot most of the time. So I mostly blame myself for playing like an ***. :mrgreen:

Silvah! and I have been playing MNC with each other for a couple of weeks. That's why you may see us join the same team from time to time. Sometimes we may just go random and let fate decide our teams. Anyway, you're welcome to join us, anytime! :D My steam ID is Youve_Missed. Feel free to add me!

You win some, you lose some. In the end, it's just a game... aye?
  20. Dragon-Guard

Dragon-Guard New Member

true true :)

ill add you and maybe we can play some rounds together then.

I also know why you posted your stats, its just that by doing it the way you did it looks like your saying: im awesome, you suck, and if you do this you will suck less because i do it like that. :lol:

Eventhough i know what you are trieing to say, thats just the way it felt to me.

Regardless, there is something i also would like to point out that might be usefull for your guide.
    A lot of players when getting beaten a bit start to play really defensively, something that, in this game, doesnt work.
    (Also the reason my team got dominated on that last match so much and you see me with the only possitive kill/death ratio)

If you want to win, even without towers all you have to do is force the enemy into their own area and you will almost surely win.
    Its extremely hard to push the other team back out but if you dont atleast try and start to just defend your spawn you will lose within a few minutes.