Assault's Charge Ability: Level 2 or Level 3?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Ethan8-bit, February 2, 2011.

1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Why don't you check hostilebalance.ini?
  2. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

In my experience, zarakon is right. Whenever I have hit assassins with an aerial charge 3, it does a sliver of damage. No where near the damage that charge 2 does.

This could be an unintended flaw and somehow does not obey the numbers in the .ini? Just a thought...
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Aerial charges deal about no damage, we are talking about a connected charge + grapple here
  4. sunnydove

sunnydove Member

Ahh, makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that for me. In my experience, charge 3 with successful grapple does one-shot armored assassin. The problem I have run in to is missing the charge or getting grappled out of the charge and promptly getting destroyed.
  5. noxiousg

noxiousg New Member

There may well be some kind of bug which affects damage output, which would explain both this and other discrepancies between the damage values that should occur and the values that actually do occur. I main assassin with silver armor. Assaults with level 3 charge do not kill me. I am left always with a sliver of health.

Forget the ini, go and make an assassin with silver or gold armor and let an assault charge you.
  6. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

At the very least we can agree that the damage of charge 3 is very inconsistent.
  7. Q_Q

Q_Q New Member

What noxiousg said, it's possible. If you've played assassin and gotten charged you would see it. You are left with a tiny sliver after the fact if you have not been hit previously, and only take damage from the grapple/charge.

Numbers are never constant when it comes to these things, and we do not know all factors that could affect damage output internally.

Edit for clarification: I also use silver armor.
  8. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

Im still in the charge 2 boat. I absolutely dislike taking my own movement away from me. sure you can kill 1 person but its a team game, that 1 person is seldom alone.

charge(3) 1, the other kills you, charge(2) through 1 and throw a bomb at your feet. you take 1 very low or kill them and set yourself up to continue the fight. It just seems charge 3 gets you killed more.
  9. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

ok i might sound like a troll or something but i posted a thread about this a while ago? im sure if you used the search thing you could find it, its all personal preference and actually has its pros and cons check it out , if not, ah well, just thought it might help.
  10. Marmalade

Marmalade New Member

I literally never got one-shot by an assault charge or grapple. Can't really see where you guys get that experience from.
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

go assassin with NO armor, let an assault charge you with lvl 2 charge, dead......
  12. tinygod

tinygod New Member

I upgrade for 2 reaons alone.

1) Rings outs against tanks/gunners

2) killing bouncers in 1 shot..(this is huge) people tend to forget that with bronze recharge, we can kill bouncers really fast. This can save the team a lot of heartache.
  13. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

You missed the point. Some people in this topic claim that charge 3 can instakill a gold armour assassin. Some other people (including me) have never seen that happen, despite having used charge 3 plenty of times.
  14. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

It does NOT kill a gold armor assassin. It takes about 8-9/10 of their health away. You need to shoot them a few times and then charge.
  15. tinygod

tinygod New Member

^^ This

Instead of Charge than trying to shoot, do Shoot a few rounds than charge.. its much easier to get that off than the other, and while hes eating AR rounds, hell give you about 1 second while he figures out where its coming from, thats the 1 second you need to abuse before the charge. And most Sins dont run Gold armor, from what I see anways.
  16. noxiousg

noxiousg New Member

All of the good ones use at least silver (which is good enough to survive facestabs and assault charge+grapples. I've never played against a sin better than I am that doesn't use it, and I'm hardly cream of the crop. The bad sins will learn to user armor if they want to get good.

That said, the rest of your post is spot on. As an assault, if you put a quick burst into the assassin and then charge, they're likely done for.
  17. tinygod

tinygod New Member

exactly, the hardest thing to learn as assault is to LEAD with the AR and finish with charge, but once you do its comes bread and butter stuff, and even a gold armor sin cant stand the heat..

I personlly dont upgrade my charge to 3, until late game anyways though, because I consider my self the team sniper hunter, and you cant air charge for damage at lvl 3, you have to keep it at lvl 2, to deal damage while hovering off the ground, and thats the only way to charge him without getting ice trapped