What defines thread hostility? (Able commander controversy aside)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drewsuser, July 12, 2014.

1. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

They're pythons, brother.
  2. BradNicholson

I believe this is accurate, yes.
  3. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

The better Question is what are his maxes on Squat, Bench, Dead lift, Cleans.
    masterofroflness and aevs like this.
  4. BradNicholson

We believe we respected that Commander's exclusivity. He's still exclusive and will continue to be exclusive.
    drz1 likes this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

What I mean to say is..

Why was the progenitor used, why not a free to everyone commander reskin? Or why was an entirely new model altogether not created?
    lokiCML, cdrkf and brianpurkiss like this.
  6. BradNicholson

My bench is 350 now, which I'm pretty happy about. I wish I could dead lift or clean, but my right knee is a bit of a mess. :(
    reptarking and masterofroflness like this.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

If my grandparents were not sleeping I would be laughing the walls off right now.

Can you just up and say, we decided to save money and go for the progenitor? I mean, HOW HARD can that be?

EDIT: In afterthought, that does sound rather forward. I'm trying to ask why this answer sounds like a dodge to me.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  8. BradNicholson

Development schedule and we wanted to work with the Progenitor's model again.
  9. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Your personal "rulebook" on managing the community. What is your reasoning? Perhaps understanding that will help ease the communities frustration.
  10. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

Having been though MANY art critiques as an art student, I would say that the critiques of the work done are valid. Brian showed the forum pictures to back up his statement. Brad, If you think the artist who made an alternate skin for an existing mesh is in danger of being offended by someone stating that very thing, I think you are not giving the artist much credit.
  11. BradNicholson

Sorry the reality isn't what you wanted?
    Quitch likes this.
  12. BradNicholson

I don't really understand this part of the conversation. I was referring to the way it's being tossed around.
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

What else can we as a community do to help out the game we love?
  14. reptarking

Like I said Brad, can you try and get a 1 hour livestream together after the Cloak and Danger round 2.
    cdrkf, aapl2 and mered4 like this.
  15. BradNicholson

What?
  16. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I need more context here, for a re-skin I don't see how the schedule would favor a specific commander over another.

Mike
    lokiCML, cdrkf, cmdandy and 3 others like this.
  17. reptarking

I asked if we could have a sit down Q&A with all of you at uber after the Cloak and Danger round 2. like the couch sit downs infront of the green screen and dinosaurs.
    cdrkf and aapl2 like this.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Ah. I know why it felt like a dodge. It was a dodge. You did not answer Squishy's second question. You avoided it by saying that it fit the schedule (or, in worker bee terms, it was more convenient).

Oh WAIT! KNight is ninja'ing me! :D
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It sounds like they thought the progenitor was cool and they wanted to do him. He's not apart of the constraint, they could have chosen any- they chose him because they liked him and wanted to make another design separately.

/guessing/
  20. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

I would also like to know if the commanders that are currently on sale will continue to only be available to people who purchase them. Will they ever be free to the general public? And will new commanders in the future have a timed purchase or will the only way to obtain them be to buy them? To what extent will the commander microtransactions go? Can we buy completely new skins for commanders and can we maybe earn commanders through the ladder system?

On top of this will there be a day where community members who didn`t do the kickstarter be able to design their own commanders? Maybe winning it the opportunity from a tourney or perhaps Uber just reaching out to fans?