Camera Help

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jammer1237, July 11, 2014.

1. jammer1237

jammer1237 New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to this game (I've only played about 10 or so AI matches) and there was one thing that was really bothering me. When I click and drag with the middle mouse key, I tend to change the way I am looking at the things I've built (ie things previously pointing left will now be facing down). I usually spend a minute or two trying to reorient myself and figure out where my various outposts are in relation to the enemy, so I don't march my armies in the wrong direction. I've seen ZaphodX somehow overcome this by seemingly locking the north pole at the top of the map, so I'm curious if there's something I'm missing. (I am aware of the "n" hotkey; that wasn't what he was using ;)

Are there any remedies for this, or do I just have to get used to this new 3D map layout?
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

There's a setting to turn on pole lock.

I would highly recommend not playing with pole lock on. It takes getting used to, but enables better play. Playing with pole lock on around the north or south pole is rather difficult.

I play without pole lock and just tap the align north hotkey from time to time.
  3. jammer1237

jammer1237 New Member

Thanks! I'll try both, but still take note of your suggestion.