PTE Stream: 68772-main (Read before playing or posting)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 11, 2014.

1. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

DOES THAT MEAN WHAT I THI--
    S.png
    OH MY GOD IT DOES!!!!
    Also yay for black sun.
  2. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

nuketf, cdrkf, lokiCML and 4 others like this.
  3. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Does an incoming planet-smash destroy any orbital units around the target planet, before it collides?
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

So I got roped into going out to that restaurant after all. I'll have to wait till I'm home to test :p
  5. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Well bot fabbers don't really like to assist eachother if they need to move. They don't approach, just stand there. The assist command seems to stay valid, but they won't approach as they should. Also unit and building names aren't in the build lists.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

- new meteor impact effects
    - Commander: +30/3000 - Factory First joins the ranks of the obsolete
    - new commander - Imperial Able (progenitor like) - $10 in Armory
    - changes to game_over, looks like stat table removed.
    - army selector on gamestats
    - looks like settings is panelized (no scene reload)
    - pip alert mode?
    - pip mirror mode? (default alt+m)
    - custom formations button removed
    - possible fix for broken hover icon in galactic war
    - ai personality economy tweaks
    - planet mass slider changed from 1000..33,000 -> 5000..50,000; sample planets mass increased, often around 2x

Modding specific:

- asteroid damage json removed - does this mean proportional damage?
    - new fields in nuke explosion json
    - new field in artillery ammo: influence_radius ?
    - new field in (anti)nuke ammo - has_notifications
    - naval: water -> deepwater, WL_WaterSurface -> WL_DeepWater
    - some new particle_mesh shaders
    - camera.lookAt will accept an object (previously string only)
    Last edited: July 11, 2014
    Remy561, cwarner7264, tollman and 3 others like this.
  7. crazymario

crazymario New Member

The UI is as responsive as ever, and systems are loading much more quickly. Awesome.

But, zooming in and out with the scroll wheel feels unusually slow. What's the deal? Does it have something to do with the larger systems?
    optimi likes this.
  8. popededi

+1,

Scroll wheel seems to be at a very low speed in this build, I couldn't find any settings for it either.
  9. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I played my first game of this build. after 22 minutes I can't mouse click/select anything (units buildings etc). I tried f5 etc that did not work. The game is continuing as normal but it is unplayable because of the mouse click bug
    Last edited: July 11, 2014
  10. suketchi

suketchi Member

I just played a match and after I activate the PnP, graphic glitches appears, like the sight of the units disappear for a short moment. And the performance panel appears also in the PnP instead of the main screen. When I deactivate it the game runs fine as ever and the performance panel is on the right place.

PnP_bug.jpg

And is this new?
    When I playing on the moon and attacking in the same time on the main planet, the PnP activating itself.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I hope that PnP can be disabled if it comes on auto - my PC cannot handle it right now.
  12. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I was just about to report the rectangle border, but @suketchi already showed it. For me showed up when I put the pip in alert mode and then hide it (when the next alert happened and it opened)

A couple instances in a naval game where where commander didn't move when ordered to assist. Also, a group of ships ordered to attack stopped halfway there.
  13. popededi

I still think it should only kill whatever is in it's path.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I hear you've named Galactic War "Single player" and kept the Multiplayer button.

I IMPLORE you to change this. You already see endless confusion about the lack of skirmish in this game on Steam and reddit, and this is only going to make it worse. The multiplayer button isn't multiplayer at all. If I create a private lobby with just me and AIs, in what world is that multiplayer?

You need to come up with a better naming scheme for these buttons because there are people out there saying this game doesn't have skirmish. It does, but it's a huge discoverability issue.

The Galactic War button should stay Galactic War and Multiplayer should either go back to being Play, become Single/Multiplayer, or you should add a button labelled Skirmish that takes you straight into a private lobby with one AI already added.
  15. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I see no new Commander in the Armoury.
  16. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

You're kind of thinking about this backwards. Multiplayer is multiplayer, whether custom, quick match, etc. Single Player is Galactic War and AI Skirmish. This is just the first step. Most people don't know what Galactic War is, unless they're already part of the community. Everyone know's what single player means, and right now, Galactic War is the primary single player mode.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

So you're bringing skirmish in under the single-player button? In which case ignore everything I wrote.
    fajitas23, warrenkc, tollman and 2 others like this.
  18. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

LAst I checked, even in SupCom, Skirmish was single player. Well, a single player mode :p Lolz
  19. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Damn time zones. Looks great!
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

First thing I did was to OF COURSE set up a map with 2 moons orbiting the same planet, orbiting at the same altitude but in opposite directions :D
    The moons smash and annihilate each other, both pop out of existence.

The system editor is however oblivious to this, and when it simulates the orbits the moons clip through each other without interacting, as it's always done.

This is a cool precedent for setting up a map that has an eventual smash coming, if the system editor could show a warning and maybe even a timer, that would be awesome.
    Get of the main planet before time=X because a smash IS coming.