[Suggestion] Shooting Down an Astraeus with a Unit in It

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, July 10, 2014.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

When an Astraeus is destroyed, the unit that's in it just... disappears. That's anti-climactic, especially with Commanders.

I suggest that the unit that's in it fall to the ground.

If the Astraeus is in orbit, then the units burn up upon re-entry. Would look really really awesome to see fireballs of burning units crashing down to the planet during a mass Astraeus invasion.

However, if the Astraeus is in the air layer, the unit should then fall to the ground and deal fall damage to what ever is below it. And if it's the Commander that was in the destroyed Astraeus, then it explodes when it hit the ground.
    jamiem, ace63, gtf50 and 3 others like this.
  2. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Hell yeah, go for AWESOME!!

edit:
    actually, I want to see fire balls and burning debris for planet smashes as well, planet smashes should be slower once the claxon sound starts, so you can have a nice view on a slowly burning asteroid commin' straight at ya.

(added another finishing touch to the list of details yet to be implemented)
  3. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

That would be awesome some time in the future, but there are more pressing matters.
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

thats polishing, it is a good idea and very annoying that a comm dies 10 inches from the ground in an astraeus
    however, the visuals themselves would prolly be added near release, since Uber is focused on optimization atm
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

with the com it's particularly annoying.

I had it happen to a teammate and he was like "....uh ...it seems I'm dead?" as his stuff was dying but didn't know why. he had to use chronocam to see it happening.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  6. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I think bulky T2 and the Comm should survive a fall from Air (taking heavy damage), but everything should burn up if it falls from Orbit. Would look really cool.

I expect we'll see this stuff come in a little after the spawn-in drop animation returns.
    corteks likes this.
  7. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

Yeah, it's almost exploitative to snipe commanders in this manner.
  8. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

I am more concern about some unit may be able to shoot down Astraeus traveling in the space
  9. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Falling from orbit with a fireball effect would be nice, but since the Astraeus hovers about 3 metres above the ground, I'm not buying the "shot out of the sky thing".