Unit Cannon please :(

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by atharol, July 9, 2014.

1. atharol

atharol Member

When will the unit cannon arive? its been a long wile now without any big updates and theres not many ways to take control of an enemy controlled planet exept smasing it with an astroid.
    becouse its not always very tactical to annihilate a planet since the resurses on it will also vanish.
    Right now theres really just 1 way to invade a planet and thats with a gateway.
    But if the planet is fully built on its impossible to build one without it getting destroyed.
    cmdandy and carlorizzante like this.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

After initial release (1.0)
    General rule of thumb for the forum, if your question is a "when" question, the answer will generally be "soon".

Also, it's worth mentioning that the search function is your friend, this topic has been brought up in many threads before and the devs have commented on it countless times.
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

[​IMG]

Uber has a lot of things they're working on.

Some things that are a higher priority than the Unit Cannon.

And I disagree that we haven't had any big updates. We haven't had any new units or whatever, but we have had big updates. A lot of the rest of the big updates will be polish and performance things. Not like getting a Galactic War or something, but they are critical components of getting a finished game.

If a planet is fully colonized, then just beat the hell out of it from orbit. Nukes, SXX, Anchors, and the like.

Edit: and to be honest, asking won't speed up the process. Uber isn't sitting around waiting for someone to ask for a feature.
    optimi likes this.
  4. zomgie

zomgie Member

Yep, I agree entirely. Unfortunately it has been pushed back past release, and gets shot down faster than an astreaus army up against air and orbital defense when brought up in the forums. (ex. this thread)

RIP in pieces unit cannon, my frame rate, and my invading single-transport army.
  5. atharol

atharol Member

6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

It's not shot down because no one wants it, it's shot down because it's already been discussed a billion trillion times.
    It's also been a less than pleasant topic here more than a few times.
  7. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Latest update was the performance update which had a lot of in-engine changes. But yeah, it has been quiet on new big features which means that they are working hard on it and a big reveal will probably come soon. They have some kind of monthly update cycle so I expect more news towards the end of the month or as we say "soon" ;)

My bet on the next big thing will be asteroids and size of asteroid impact that differs. (Since Brad gave a hint somewhere about the metal planet's new craters). Also huge pathing update in the works which will remove a lot of the current in-game limitations with terrain.
  8. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Weird how we tend to add massive features every couple of months or so, huh?
  9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Very weird, it's like it takes time to develop a game or something :eek:
    gerii, cdrkf, pieman2906 and 3 others like this.
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

notice the gap? the changes for 68568 were pretty minor, so it stands to reason that a lot of fine tuning of something really big was going on in those interim builds were aren't privvy too.
  11. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Would be nice if everything wasn't the same amount of "soon". If your response is so generalised it loses meaning, clarity and actually becomes an un-useful term to describe a feature's current priority or imminence.
  12. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

And I thought I was the only one annoyed by that picture...
    vyolin likes this.
  13. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Indeed, and for such a huge concept and game with such a small company (very talented and pa---)
    "WORDS WORDS WORDS, WE MUST ANNIHILATE EVERYONE--" "i am trying to speak here'
    "
    WHO CARES ABOUT SPEAKING!!! I WANT CHAOS!" "enough, you are still my subordinate"
    anyways....yes, the beloved unit cannon, Uber will be puting it into the game, but i think that gas giants will come sooner then Unit Cannons....who knows
    brianpurkiss likes this.
  14. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I'm annoyed by the consistent ambiguity. That picture is pretty much an embodiment of that concept.
  15. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Well at least it wasn't about shields.
  16. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

well, the reason that picture is used so much, is we simply don't have anything else meaningful

sure we could change it to: later, at some point, near future, or some other generic temporal reference of little to no meaning, but I don't think that would satisfy anybody.
  17. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

did you just ask for the t1 tank? i'm sure that unit is already in there :p
  18. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I completely agree that everything wasn't the same amount of soon.

But that's upon Uber, who really like to keep the communication doors closed as of late.
  19. calmesepai

calmesepai Member

Uber time frame seems to be when it's done.
    So if we want it done faster someone will have to chain them down and don't let them leave the desk.untill our update is done and having seen you friends and families for weeks is no excuse. :p
  20. muhatib

muhatib Member

Personally i prefer first the "real" orbital physics(i think the solar system physics, not the orbital layer physics) and the asteroid belt,cheap multi unit transports(orbital/air/naval/land/submarine), submarine layer, some weaker faster ship classes, and expensive teleport gates(naval/submarine/orbital), hovercraft units,more diferent type mobile AA
    Last edited: July 10, 2014
    Antiglow likes this.