[Sugestion] New Structure: Hacker

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by crusard, July 9, 2014.

1. crusard

crusard New Member

A structure that allows hack the enemy base data for a few seconds and see the amount of resources, structures and units of an enemy commander.
    This structure would spend energy during the period of time you access and not be a permanent access or guaranteed access to 100%
    For every structure built will be more difficult access to the database, ie, if the enemy has 4 or 5 structures will take longer to access and the percentage of success will be minor, but if you have more structures hackers will be easier access and will have a greater chance to access their data.

Also will be able to access these structures as an inhibitor of radar.
    cmdandy and SatanPetitCul like this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I don't particularly like structures/units with abilities.

That's Scarcraft stuff. It's too micro.

PA is a much too large of a scale for things along these lines IMO.
    blockheadd and stuart98 like this.
  3. Illmaren

Illmaren Active Member

Is this Unit idea not from Command Conquer? i think "Tanja" can do something like this or the "Hacker" unit there.
    but this is not really good for PA.

Greetz
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Was that misspelling intentional? I love it.

This idea is clearly inspired by units from C&C Generals.
  5. brianpurkiss

hahaha. yeah. typo.
  6. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

"CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION BUT Stats Stats Stats...The Commander HATE Stats, Commander wants MURDER!!! CHAOS CHAOS ALL THINGS END!!! 'giggle'...."

Essentially what my BEAST commander friend stated is that whats the point? the only thing you need to know are strategic building placements, size of army (and what is has) and commander. does he have Bigger army? no, BLOW HIM UP. Me, what i think is that hacking might be to strong if you can visually see where things are at the cost of only power...power...which comes from a magic box, its just to strong, and there are more fun, harder ways to pull of vision that the opponent has a chance to actually deny.

"NO MORE WORDS, CHAOS CHAOS ALL THINGS MUST END!"

agreed
  7. brianpurkiss

If you format all of your posts like that you will be my favorite.
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. mjshorty

Ok O.O
  9. mjshorty

guess i should actually learn lore to make references...ugh lore though, its so cardboard thin in this game though
  10. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

The idea is a bit raw and need polish. But i like the concept that we will be able to know the ressource income of the ennemy, and it fit to the game in my point of view. The intel (scouting) is already one of the most crucial point in this game, then getting intel by other means like hacking make sense.