Feature... Stuff...

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by LeatherNeck2382, July 1, 2014.

1. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

So, playing today the though occurred to me a few things that I really miss from SupCom, and would like to see in PA.

- Idle Engineer Alert; Self-Explanatory
    - Bigger Transports; While I enjoy the Astreus, even on a single planet I feel like I can't move troops as efficiently, especially on water maps going from island to island.
    - Better Nuke Icon; Once launched, I'd like a more visible icon to track inbound/outbound missiles.
    - More clear +Resources per building; I know I should have it memorized, but newer players would probably appreciate being able to see they need x extractors/generators for x output.

Not a SupCom feature:
    - Placement notifications of Allies; I could not care less about seeing the enemy, but I do wanna know where my allies are at before I drop. Even using TS feels... uncoordinated.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I pretty much agree with all of that except I think the t2 air transport with area load commands is good enough.
  3. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Agree and would like to add some things that immediatly come to mind:
    • Idle Factory Alert
    • Ferry System (like SupCom)
    • Editable Commands (like SupCom, where you can click and drag waypoints, planned buildings and so on).
    • Better build queues (you see the order in which the units get built and you can delete/add units in between, maybe even move the items to change the order).
    • Factories should be able to "assist" each other (copy each other's build queue)
    • Overall some more tools (of which I don't know the specifics) that help with handling the mid-/lategame...
      • ...making it easier to keep track of everything that's going on on an individual planet (I get confused often when I am fighting on two sides of the planet but can never see everything that is going on at the same time),
      • ...as well as making it easier to handle multiple planets without having to zoom in on each one and search for that teleporter you want to connect or search for some free spot to build another nuke launcher).
    Last edited: July 2, 2014
    janusbifrons and cdrkf like this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

As I mentioned in another thread, I want to see 'layer filters' implemented into PA.

Essentially what I mean is a set of ui buttons that will highlight a particular set of units and only allow you to select units from that layer when in that mode, layers would be:

Ground Combat Units: Highlights and only allows selection of ground based combat units
    Fabbers: Highlights and only allows selection of fabbers (could be ground, air, water or orbital)
    Air: Highlights and only permits selection of units in air layer
    Orbital: Same again for orbital.

I thought about a 'water' layer however I think the ground combat and fabber selection filters will take care of that as water is already nicely segregated from standard ground by the water.

Early game these are not important, however late game you end up with so many things on so many layers it can be hard to select a particular unit type. These filters would make co-ordinating large groups of units much easier.
  5. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

there are hotkeys that allow you to select All or currently viewed idle workers and factories (like i use F1 to select idle workers, and constantly check that button, but still would be nice to have a simple icon and number to show how many idle fabbers that you have
  6. cdrkf

I'm aware of that...

What I'm suggesting would give you more control than that though.

The problem with the 'select idle fabbers' hot key is it selects all of them.

They are still really fiddly to select small groups to do different tasks.

Having a 'layer filter' will remove selection of other types of unit out of the equation when enabled. It would also make micro management of an army easier and so on.
  7. mjshorty

mmm hotkeys hotkeys hotkeys, we need a hotkey that shows only orbital, only ground, and both as veiws o_O
  8. cdrkf

I was actually thinking of UI buttons, I prefer to avoid too many hot-keys as it just gets confusing.

Setting a layer filter would visually highlight the selectable units in that layer, and prevent selection of other units. It would make managing things easier when there's allot going on.
  9. mjshorty

There are hotkeys that i use all the time that select all orbital/air/ground on the screen with one hit. very usefull, also some people really like hotkeys, i dont really have trouble remembering and using my hotkeys. at least not yet O.O
  10. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

This is what I was specifically referring to in what I missed/needed.