Cinematic mode

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tiberiusxix, July 3, 2014.

1. tiberiusxix

tiberiusxix New Member

Where did it go? :(
  2. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Where did WASD go?
    Where did Hotkeys warn you and show you conflicting hotkeys?
    Where did my metal icons go? (ok that one is just me, dont know anyone else with that problem)
    What happened to the build bar? why does it take 2 hotkeys to select?
    And Cinematic mode....NOOOOO!

ok Seriously, Uber, the Beta looked promising (when i entered) because the options where there and everything was in place, just needed touching up, but this touching up is hurting fun :(
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It sounds like you need to remove all your mods folders... I had a range of strange problems and was cured by systematically removing anything mod related...
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  4. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Indeed, there are certain risks in modding a game that is WIP, you can expect almost every update to break most of them and for the whole thing to behave funny.

As a general rule I can pinpoint that if you're the only one suffering from an issue, it's either outdated video drivers or mods breaking something.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I wager it is transparent strategic icon. Do your other unit icons periodically lie to you, saying an air factory is a commander?

Cinematic mode, that SERIOUSLY got more bug reports in than it helped anyone. That should be a stock client mod lol.
  6. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Cinematic mode is now a keybind (CTRL+Y) instead of a setting. The setting confused a lot of ppl.

WASD isn't gone, instead you can now bind the camera movement keys to *any* single key. WASD. ESDF. ZQSD all work now.

Metal icons are still there, please check your settings and/or mods.

Hotkeys currently allow conflicting keybinds because they aren't always bound at the same time. There is definitely some work to be done here.

The two keypress system definitely works better than the naive system. Hotbuild is still a thing if you don't like our system.
    mjshorty, Remy561, wondible and 2 others like this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

df.jpg
    now noone touch that !!
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

10. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Nah, give him lot of likes so he has to keep making useful posts to keep up ;^)
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

i feel like an idiot now lol.
    Also, its fine to have conflicting keybinds, but maybe showing RED to let player know its in conflict O.O
  12. nobrains

nobrains Member

Cinematic mode won't be confusing if you call it something like "Hide HUD/UI".