On Commander Exclusivity

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, June 23, 2014.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

The Rallus is too skinny. I like my war machines with a bit more metal on 'em.
    stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Pitchfork-at-the-ready.
  3. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Battering-ram-at-the-ready.

So is it still possible to get the cosmic edition?

Their support site says yes, with a link to the uberstore for the galactic war update edition... no sign of cosmic, not even when logged in... So it's no longer possible? :(

aw...
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

No it used to be, I bought it on the last day it was available, I was liek "Are those comms really worth it...? OF COURSE THEY ARE AAHHH" then threw my money at the screen...
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. stonewood1612

And that day was? o_O
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Oooh.. It had to have been a couple months ago... I honestly don't remember, sorry. :(
  7. stonewood1612

Well then, when I see a cool commander I'll buy it. Screw these other two. The alpha is too blocky, the progenitor is too old. :p

Now we just gotta wait.

Yet still, the alpha and beta participants should get a cool commander, because they show of their interest and support early on the in development, before the game was really playable enough, earlier than gamma and galactic. Only if it was possible... *sniffs at steam*

damn
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  8. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I wish many spawns with less than 3 mexs in your future for insulting the great alpha commander. GOOD DAY, SIR!
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  9. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I don't think Uber has specified anything about the Gamma or the Calyx yet, to my knowledge they only specified that the Armalisk was a timed exclusive but didn't specify how it would be available after the exclusivity ran out.

Mike
  10. lokiCML

Well let's ask Uber for clarification on that issue.;)
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  11. stonewood1612

*unpacks trebuchet at an OP distance* :mad:

(I was joking btw)
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  12. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

BTW, Calyx is the best looking com.
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  13. lokiCML

Just to be clear we are eventually going to be able to purchase, Gamma, Calyx, and Armalisk commanders through the armory?
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Look, what's most important here is that we can all agree the ******* previews in the armory are too goddamn small.
    PeggleFrank, pieman2906 and lokiCML like this.
  15. lokiCML

Sir, I disagree with you. They must be smaller.;)
    For the love of Pete make the commanders more visible.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  16. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

(me too)
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  17. stonewood1612

I thought about this, while it is true, steam limits Uber, and they can't remove commander from your receipt on the uberstore, they can still add things.

The badges. They weren't listed on the receipt (except for cosmic) and neither on steam. Yet everyone who deserves the right badges got them. Uber had to send them out manually. They can see on what date you made your purchase and how much you paid, so they can send out stuff to people specifically, like alpha and beta backers. It takes a lot of work for Uber to do so, yet the number of beta and alpha participants doesn't increase today anymore. Yet it took a month before I got my two badges, so it is a lot of work.

So the possibility to give another commander for the alpha and beta participants is still there. Honestly I hope they give another commander to us, because the theta doesn't show that you supported the game since alpha or beta. Who will ever go and check someone's profile for badges? There will be people who do, though it maybe would be nice to have some kind of indication in-game (maybe just in the lobby, like an alpha or beta next to your name, or something else like KS or planets for cosmic) to tell them right away who you are. Because I'm too lazy to go and manually check people's profiles.

So either they give us another commander, or they display to people in-game that we supported the game from early on. I like the second option the most, because it would be something for everyone who has the game now, and it would be based on the badges you have so it isn't as much work for Uber. :)
  18. trialq

trialq Post Master General

behind_you.png
    It is now.
    FYI: That's an armalisk, behind a rallus, behind an armalisk, behind a rallus, behind ...
    bengeocth likes this.
  19. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

So, does this mean that we can do some sort of Voltron super Commander then? ;)
  20. baylissau

baylissau New Member

I wish there was an early option to buy a pack which included access to all commanders to be released in future, limited edition or not. With a higher price tag of course. I would of bought it as well, as I am one of those people who wants to collect everything. I would of bought the pack which included the projenitor commander and others if I heard about the game early enough.