PTE Stream: 68253

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 1, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

windows 7, intel i7-2670QM, nvidia 560M.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Occasional pathing issues.

1. Earth planet, told a bunch of dox to attack an air factory. They ran to the other side of my base.
    2. Metal planet, told a bunch of grenediers to move to the other side of ridge closer to a gap in narrow chasm; they didn't move. I got most of them to move by repeatedly clicking at a closer point first.
    3. Metal planet, gaggle of grendiers rallied around commander as he crossed a bridge, many of them fell of into ledge a step down. This isn't particularly new behavior.

Also, crash, but I added execute bits so you should have it.
  3. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Here's a quick video of how fast/slow the UI's reaction to mouseover / mouseclicks is for me:

It may not affect how quickly the actual orders are given, or what building I select to build, but the late visual/audio feedback still messes with me.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

So I played mostly full game just fine with "--software-ui", but at some point get BadAccess again when tried to select my army with cursor. Got same crash info in dmesg:
    Code:
    [19704.224033] CoherentUI_Host[8185]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000462cfa sp 00007fffffff8bd0 error 4 in CoherentUI_Host.bin[400000+42f8000]
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Ok, so there is some lag there, but that's a LOT more responsive than it used to be. :)
  6. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Will this be promotet to stabel build? "SooN" :)
  7. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Ah, okay :D
    I just remember it always doing that I guess. It's one of those things where it could lag by .2 seconds or 2 seconds, and the odd feedback is probably going to throw me off just as much either way (especially since I don't use hotkeys right now).
  8. garat

We're working on it. We really want to get this build out, but there are some large, fundamental engine changes to improve things(tm) that are going on that's introducing a bit of instability. Working on a new PTE build now.
    aevs likes this.
  9. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

Did you say in that 4-minute Twitch stream that there was "voxel" pathing being developed? Can we get another technical dev-blog about it once it's been promoted to a stable/PTE build? ;)
  10. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

^^ YES PLEASE
  11. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

Man i cant wait till i get my internett back, PTE 68253 sounds so fun!
  12. garat

I will ask Elijah to start thinking about that so once it's ready, he can do just that.
    Remy561, aevs, Paappa and 1 other person like this.
  13. aevs

aevs Post Master General

The new metal extractor icon is meant to fit around the metal spot icon, right?
    It looks a bit odd that way in my opinion. It's most noticeable for naval extractors, where the metal point is under the water and the extractor icon is not always overlapping it (since it's at the surface of the water), but it's also noticeable when other icons are layered between the metal spot and the extractor icon.
  14. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@garat Is the Australia server offline?
  15. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

EU seems off too
    New PTE incoming ? ;)
  16. selfavenger

selfavenger Active Member

Thanks for the Aussie servers @garat

-Todd
  17. garat

PTE server is offline. New build coming.
  18. garat

This build will not fix "everything". We are hoping however that it is good enough to promote to stable, as it should make the game much more playable for everyone, and playable period for some folks (Mac people, I'm looking at you).
    ArchieBuld and cwarner7264 like this.
  19. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

I still have to test this one but in the previous build I had a few pathing issues - Units would not move to a point if a building was in their way (occasionally).

And for units where the description runs over 3 lines then it overlaps with the stats given.