Assault and armor endorsement

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Gichin, February 2, 2011.

1. Gichin

Gichin New Member

Just wondering why I see armor as either a gold endorsement or not at all (maybe bronze) in most assault build I've seen posted on this forum. Mind you, I am very well aware it's all about play style--but to the veterans who know the ins and outs, does anyone out there run with armor as a silver endorsement? Is it that a silver armor endorsement doesn't allow me to survive a sin grapple?

I am currently running RoF/Armor/Clip--I use my grenade launcher ALL the time. RoF makes it easy to farm gold killing bots and widdling down turrets--Though, I played a LOT of demo in TF2, and I feel like once im in a groove I can do ridiculous bouncing with the nade launcher and land kills or at least keep pushing pros back. Obv once they get close the high damage and RoF from the AR can put people down very fast. Anyone else find the nade launcher very VERY useful? I've seen some people (who have clearly been playing longer than I) say they rarely use it.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

armor gold vs silver is a much bigger difference than RoF gold vs silver. RoF is almost the same gold vs silver, but some people do run your build.
  3. Bezique

Bezique New Member

I frequently run with skill regen/armour/health recovery, I like throwing bombs and propelling myself about the arena. In a fight I find gold skill saves my life more often than gold armour.
  4. Nova Warlord

Nova Warlord New Member

I kinda like running gold armor on my assault just because i can stay and lock down an area longer and hold out until i have to dash/fly away. And so if a gunner gets the jump on me he doesn't mow me down in 1-2 seconds lol . But I see what your getting at with the gold skill. All about the play styles :p
  5. Gichin

Gichin New Member

I figured it was something like this. Guess I'll have to do some testing myself and see if I like the speed I get out of sliver RoF.
  6. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Rate of Fire is important, but if you aren't alive, you can't shoot things. I personally have 2 Assault builds. One with Gold Armor/Silver Acc/Bronze RoF(against people who know what they're doing) and the other without Armor at all(for teh noob stomp). Gold Armor on an assault will let you survive a back assassination from the Dagger though, even if it is just barely.
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

and bronze isnt an effective hp boost on an assault.

on a support, bronze armor saves from face-grapples. on an assault, anything like that will still have the same end-outcome as before bronze armor

gold armor prevents death from back-grapple. use it or dont use armor at all. maybe silver but gold rate isnt worth gold spot.
  8. Gichin

Gichin New Member

This is mainly what I was wondering--whether it was gold armor or not at all. So you're saying gold RoF isn't worth it? I'm still doing testing with RoF and Armor swapped b/t gold and silver spots. I like RoF gold b/c nade launcher seems to fire so much faster, which helps me farm gold and get kills/assists from a distance.

Tho I was just reading this viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1157
    which says RoF for the AR from gold to silver is no loss in speed (wtf?), where as with the nade launcher u get around 12 more rounds a minute. Still not sure if this is really game breaking to me, and surviving a back stab from a sin may be way more valuable in the end than a few extra nade tosses a minute.

Also, I AM playing the PC version, so I can't say how different the versions are. Thanks for the all info tho guys keep em coming if u have anything to say
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

also, on pc the nade launcher actually is more necesary, but still. if you really really like putting out as many rounds as possible, then you can stick with gold rate.

even better, if you find the charge and bomb to be really good for setting up fights (the assault and tank have amazing skills to combo into), then get gold skill regen, silver rate, and bronze crits for your nades. if you just dont like gold armor, you can play more carefully and just out-firepower your enemies. i just say this cuz its what i do, i use gold skillregen so i can use charge and bomb abundantly, and rate and accuracy to follow up a skill with some strafe-ads-firing, but if you grenade a whole lot then any bit of extra crit may be better so try both.
  10. Gichin

Gichin New Member

Ah cool, great suggestions--Im definitely going to have to try those out.