Reasoning behind your username

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by whoismiked, January 24, 2013.

1. JWest

JWest Active Member

Well, my name is Jonathan West (I tend to go by Jonny). Hence the JWest.
  2. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Oh you're gonna love my story.

My story.

Also Petard is a very common French last name.
  3. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

EmBox.
    Emerald Box.
    A box which contains an emerald.
  4. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

That's also why your name is green.
    ninjadude501 likes this.
  5. useyourshoe

useyourshoe Member

Way back in late 2001 during 8th grade, my friends and I were introduced to Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition. As we were already big fans of fantasy games (Magic: The Gathering was regularly played during recess - yes, the jocks made fun of us), the appeal was big, but we'd never played paper-and-dice RPGs.

We borrowed the core rule books from an older friend and tried to play for the first time at one of our birthday parties in December (not mine). I was the Dungeon Master (with zero prior experience) and no-one present had any idea what it was like to play the game, so it was very much a kick-in-the-door style campaign with no puzzles, but plenty of encounters.

Due to my lack of understanding as to how much is too much, they found themselves swarmed by powerful monsters, namely a Rust Monster, which destroyed all their metal gear, and a large group of Kobolds. Needless to say, they were overwhelmed, and the casualties piled up on both sides (we only had a few hours to play, so the PCs dying wasn't a huge deal), leaving a solitary armed Kobold (he had a spear or something) and one lone PC with nothing but a set of clothes.

After getting himself cornered, the player turned to me and asked - as I was the almighty DM - "I have no weapons. What should I do?"

I shrugged and said "You could use your shoe."

So he did. And he rolled a natural 20 and a critical, allowing him to survive the "campaign".

The following week, in computer class, we were making e-mail accounts. I made mine use_your_shoe@______.com (which I still use, albeit not as my primary), and I've used the moniker for pretty much everything since.
  6. useyourshoe

useyourshoe Member

Shoe plays the trump card.

/thread
  7. bitcheslovecake

bitcheslovecake New Member

Well...
  8. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

9. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

^
    ^
    ^
    **** you... Really?
  10. sorewawatashi

sorewawatashi New Member

Yup
  11. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

I needed a name for my OC for my Marth x Zelda Super Smash Bros. Fanfic.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
  12. phantomtom

phantomtom Active Member

My Nickname is really old. From since back first when i started playing online games. I was kind of a donkey,makeing up silly storeys ect. Anyway, The name Ostejon Sounded cool as a boy as to how much you could mix and stuff u know, got stuck. Joined a clan, EXL Ostejon, aka EXL OJ. Phantomtom is somewhat the same as incognito, aka phantom. Ostejon = Cheesejon. That`s a long time ago:D cool!
  13. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

lol same here!
  14. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I started my online career at Kongregate.com, long before GameStop bought it, and I was/is Webster01 on there. I eventually got down to Webby, my TS, Robocraft and Steam nickname, but I stick with Websterx01/Webster_x01 if I can't get Webby.

My last name is Webster, so it seemed simple enough. And I get called Webby a lot at school, so it fits.
  15. zhaii

zhaii Active Member

I was sitting up one night after playing warcraft 3 and thinking Thrall... Thrall... Zhall?

I later found out that its a biblical name or something... I'll take what I can get then
  16. ninjadude501

ninjadude501 New Member

Well, I used to get called a ninja IRL (I still think I am one because of how quietly I can move around fast), and then when I needed to make a username, I took that, got ninjadude, but that was taken. And so, I tried a bunch of numbers after it, and then I thought that 501 had a certain ring to it I liked. Tried ninjadude501, and voila, I was born.
    phantomtom likes this.
  17. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I literally have no idea.
    I was making a Runescape account when I was like, 13, and just kinda thought it up. I guess I was thinking of Star Trek, which is weird because I've never seen any of it.