[2 SUGGESTIONS] Kinetic Bombardment Satellite and True Fog of War

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tehtrekd, June 19, 2014.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Metal planets.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

It doesn't need to have the highest priority, but at some point the devs should in my opinion put a focus on allowing more diversity within the game.

I'm also getting sick of hearing the modding excuse, why don't the devs just make a base engine like spring then and let the community make the game for them if the userbase will mod in everything anyway?

Mods are awesome and I love them, but I shouldn't have to rely purely on mods to give me a good experience.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

that is literally exactly what i think when someone says "it could be a mod, though".
  4. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Those are manmade. That doesn't feel out of place. Natural symmetrical planets do.
  5. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Which is why metal planets are the best candidates for tournament style maps.
  6. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

true fog of war would work in a game like civilization V, but not with PA
  7. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

All the good old, classic rts games have true fog of war. And quite a few of them had random maps.

So would it not work in PA? You don't have a point here.

Maybe it just looks weird. Is that why it wouldn't work? Is it because it is too hard to code?

cui bono?
    Last edited: June 28, 2014
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

which they will but it wont just happen toaday nor tommorow but months later, be patient

that is not what i supported this game for ....
    and it will be highly moddable anyway ... i could see people doing total conversionmods like zero-k with this engine ...

yet who says that the content you ask for makes the gameplay any better?
    who says it can´t get worse or blant that way?
    i´m tired of people always wanting x y z and not considering a moment how it could affect overall gameplay positively or negatively
    but just have it in for "variety" and "because it´s cool" ... it is as weak an argument as the "modding in" or "disableoption" argument

one thing why i wouldn´t want true for of war ... generaly imo it would lead to the same oppening build which would be building basic airscouts as they are the safest scoutingoption
    in such scenario
    why would you want to waste metal on ground units when you find yourself on an island
    why shall you waste metal on sea when you are just in a small pond and not in a propper sea?
    that makes random spawning even worse

the current fog of war allows you to quickly take a look on the sorroundings of your spawning location, allowing you to quickly set up your oppening strategy without running the risk to build the wrong productionfacilities at the wrong place yet it still doesn´t take away from your obligation to scout the enemy ...
    Last edited: June 21, 2014
  9. wstxbb

wstxbb Member

Well, I think if any satellites have some probability to drop into the ground after crash would be good(Of course course some damage). The bigger the satellite is the more damage it will course. So we can make any satellites become a "bomb" if we fight in right place. Also make the platform more risky to use(I still think they are too strong)
  10. kmastaba

kmastaba Member

About the Thor like sat, it would use metal while the sxx laser consume energy.
    It could be then more powerful (area of effect? kinetic tactical nuke?), like some "T2" land attack sat.

Sxx laser could be continuous and lower intensity (=C&C Generals ion cannon but for a longer time before overheating or energy shortage.)