I got cheated

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by drunkdriver23, August 12, 2010.

1. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

Yesterday I bought MNC at my friends house. I used my hard drive but on his console. Now at my house its saying I only have the trial game and i'm pissed. What happened and is there any way to fix it? I would rather not be cheated and lose my money without even getting the game that's just BS.
  2. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

Yeah you're screwed -- MS makes it so when you DL a game its attached to your gamertag AND to the console. Your friend will appreciate being able to play the game on HIS gamertag on his console, but you have to purchase a new one. :(

That really stinks, man.
  3. sokoto

sokoto New Member

I would look into license transfers thats the key to getting MNC on your console.
  4. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

He owes me $20 for the MSP cause I bought him the game lol but seriosly this really does suck I wish I had of known about how stupid microsoft is b4 I did that I would have taken my console had I known that :cry: :oops: :x :evil: :(
  5. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

How?
  6. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

I would suggest going into your Download History and trying to redownload it. If that doesn't work, here a link to the steps to take to transfer your licenses.
  7. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

Thanks once again to all you guys on the forums for helping me with another problem! :D I'm glad to be a part of such a great community! :D :D :D
  8. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Actually, when you buy something from the marketplace, you get two "licences". One for the xbox and one is on the gamertag. So if you used your tag on his xbox, then you should have access to it on any xbox and any tag on his xbox should have access to it. If that isn't the case for you, then something messed up.
  9. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

Well I am just going to do a license transfer ltr when I get on.
  10. TheJustinIsALie

TheJustinIsALie New Member

Delete it and redownload it, I had a trial version of Perfect Dark on my white xbox and downloaded PD on my black xbox (Black has a bigger TV and when it gets used by other people I play white) And when I played the PD on white it thought it was a trial so I deleted it and redownloaded and it worked.

I'm guessing something similar is happening because you switched consoles so redownload it and it should work.
  11. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

I did a license transfer so now everything is good and dmy friend bought the game aswell because he liked it so much. :D Way 2 go Uber!!
  12. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Im glad everything worked out.
  13. ABAGOFWETSAND

ABAGOFWETSAND New Member

DOES. WORTH.

I had no idea that this existed.
    Bookmarked for sure.
    :cool: