mouse clicking causes uber fps drop

Discussion in 'Support!' started by skypheonix20, June 19, 2014.

?

are you having this problem?

1. yes

85.7%
  2. no

14.3%
  1. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

Since this new big patch if i click any mouse button i get my fps to drop significantly to about 2fps and if i repeatedly continue clicking then it bottlenecks my CPU and i have to wait a few seconds before it goes back to normal, this also happens wen dragging a box around units or setting up a line of buildings.

New Bitmap Image.jpg New Bitmap Image (2).jpg New Bitmap Image (3).jpg New Bitmap Image (4).jpg New Bitmap Image (5).jpg New Bitmap Image (6).jpg New Bitmap Image (7).jpg

im surprised nobody has posted anything about this as it might be the reason for the "lag" some people have been having but maybe less noticeable with high performance computers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 19, 2014
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

People are posted about that many times. There is UI lag and it's a fact, but it's usually nowhere as big as on your screenshots. E.g last time I tested it on Windows 7 there was performance from like 40FPS->25FPS, but not 40FPS->3FPS.
  4. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

Well i downloaded and installed the latest drivers (ty for the link) but still having the same problem, screenshots don't do this much justice so i tried searching for a desktop recording program, i found one but its not the best quality and made a video that iv posted on YouTube.

problem is that just recording eats about 30% CPU and playing the game eats 60%+ so there's not much window for good performance at the start.

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 20, 2014
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As I see on screenshots you're not running game though Steam, right?

Can you please clarify what other hm.. "non-standard" software might be running on the backgound?
    I asking because there was several programs that cause serious performance loss, e.g MSI Afterburner (PA#3139).

Can you try to disable everything what running in background and check game performance again?
  6. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

kk well iv just done some testing, iv disabled the 4 side gadgets and it seems the performance is better

im still getting fps drop but its not as much but if i open ctrl+p performance menu it still drops to 2fps, im not using the game through steam and i havent got MSI Afterburner or any other background programs accept catalyst control center.

just glad i can play again now with descent performance ty
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's really weird anyway. If I get any idea what might cause this I'll let you know.
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

9. skypheonix20

skypheonix20 Member

just tested in full screen and game runs a bit better, still getting big fps drop when ctrl+p performance menu is open and spam clicking but that's not much of a problem, performance is playable with menu closed so im happy, ill send some performance probe when im in my next big battle ty
  10. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

I have the same problem. The game is unplayable for me since the last couple of updates, because every left click, middle click, and right click drops my fps and freezes the screen. During this time most of the commands doesn't do anything, so I have to wait until my screen comes back from the freeze.

Attached Files:

11. Paappa

Paappa Member

I think I have same issue in PTE 67998. There is and has been some UI lag in stable and old PTE builds but now it went worse with new PTE. I dont know if its a connection or a server thing, cause I live in Finland and there is that little pool of water between EU and US.

Attached Files:

12. archer6621

archer6621 New Member

Same problem here, rapid mouse clicking slows the game down to a crawl, it's very irritating.

Attached Files: