Attention New Players!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Deeja, February 1, 2011.

1. Deeja

Deeja New Member

You do not turtle in overtime, it doesn't matter if your moneyball has more hp or not.

That is all.
    Last edited by a moderator: February 2, 2011
  2. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

Re: Attention Noobs

ive gotten plenty of kills in overtime playing dfense, with support. built up juice and made a b-line for their moneyball
  3. Das Attack Cows

Das Attack Cows New Member

I would have to agree with timmy TED here.

When it comes down to it, it depends on the class and the set-up you have on that class. A Support class may be better off defending than rushing the other team's moneyball.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Gold RoF Support with Juice -> Shotgun their Moneyball -> Profit. Not even question marks needed!
  5. Das Attack Cows

A quantized amount of damage is dealt on the moneyball no matter how powerful the attack you use.

I don't play the Support class often, so correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't 1 shotgun blast on the moneyball result in 1 unit of damage to the moneyball, or does it deal the number of fragments units of damage?
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Your perception of the moneyball mechanic is quite far from the truth.

I'll edit this later, work now, to explain some differences in damage. Sneak preview: It's HUEG
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Don't some attacks hurt the moneyball more than other attacks? Or was that changed recently on PC? On console, the grenade launcher, assault bomb, jet gun at point blank, and shotgun at point blank take chunks out of the moneyball.
  8. FTP

FTP New Member

I, personally, feel more useful in defense/mid field as a support, especially during overtime... Those turrets demand constant care and watch. And I just can't trust any other support to take care of my little babies like that -3- (pub player)
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

To add to my earlier statement. The moneyball has 10000 hitpoints and takes damage like every other thing in this (not sure which group it is so I can't give precise values) and since the shotgun is an absolute beast, especially in overtime, all you want to do it juice and unload on it for massive damage.
  10. Das Attack Cows

Yes, I found this out realizing that I did more damage to the moneyball using the shuriken launcher opposed to the sword. So, maybe this is a PC-only feature.

What are your source(s)? Are we still talking about the PC version on MNC?
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Yes we are, my source is one of the gamefiles; conveniently called defaultbalance.ini
  12. Deeja

Deeja New Member

There's a difference between defending your moneyball and straight up turtling. I had a match where it went into overtime with their moneyball around half and ours being full. I was literally the only one leaving our spawn to attempt to finish it off as they had multiple people juice rushing ours. I was almost able to bring it down myself but they finished off ours first.

It's just blatantly stupid to have the entire team sitting around your moneyball as it gets juice rushed over and over. Even if I had one other person help me we probably would have won.
  13. Das Attack Cows

I will run a series of in-game tests to confirm this. I'm 99% sure that damage on the moneyball is dealt in equivalent units per hit.

Interested?
  14. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

not sure abbot the PC but the assaults grenade launcher and bombs do way more damage than the assault rifle
  15. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Why would you need to run in-game tests when I got raw data on my side?