Question to those who have "Failed to start game" in GW

Discussion in 'Support!' started by SXX, June 20, 2014.

1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This is about that issue: PA#3451
    It's really weird on because I can't reproduce it and never have issues with multiple games in row. I already asked few guys on Steam to check it with launcher and it's still occur so it's not Steam-only issue. So I just not sure what else might cause it and why only part of players affected.

So I just want to ask is there anybody who have this issue not on Windows?
  2. flyingscorpion

flyingscorpion New Member

I'm having this issue. I'm on windows 7.

I'm going to try some of the workaround for this, like reviewing game then exiting, or hitting escape when it says "failed to create game"
  3. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Yea, im having this too. Seems to be related to my login session or something- exiting and restarting fixes it. I am on windows, though.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Also on windows, and it happens in GW and Multiplayer.

If there is anything you or a dev can think of to log what could cause this, let me know and I can be the guinea pig.
  5. degazda

degazda New Member

I just bought the game and I saw this bug on bugtracker. I have to restart after every battle on GW, it's annoying but not the end of the world. I'll leave my dxdiag too, since I have a sound board with "alternative" drivers and who knows, it might be related :p

Thanks for the good work, I'll update as soon as I can isolate the problem, I'll try to run in another hardware and deactivate whatever is running on background... I'll have to play several matches, what a hard work lol

Attached Files:

6. eddymartins

eddymartins New Member

I have the same issue, running on windows 7, the workaround doesn't seem to work (review game - esc -etc...)
    Looks to me that the game doesn't "end" the game (victory or loss) when it should, so the server leaves the game session running and you can't start a new game, so i guess we have to wait for the devs to fix it...
  7. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

a new workaround i found while testing this very problem for @mkrater is going to the armory and pressing the reload button there, or going to multiplayer and waiting for the game list to appear
  8. eddymartins

eddymartins New Member

Tried both, took a while but it worked....looks like it is a problem with the server refresh...
  9. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

Yes hope the devs can find and fix the issue with the information and logs they got
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The Devs are looking into this issue. Thank you @dionytadema for your help :D As far as we can see, there is a timing issue with finishing a game and starting the next one. For now, you can let the game sit or continue to close out and start a new one. We'll get it fixed soon. :)
  11. visual1337

visual1337 New Member

Hey,

there is an other way to fix this bug without restarting the game the hole time.
    When you destroyed the last commander close the "chrono cam" before the "not working gameoverview" pops up.

or

wait for the "not working gameoverview" pops up klick on "review game" and not "return to galactic war".
    close then the "chono cam" and go back to galactic war