No Sound Ingame?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Guni, June 23, 2014.

1. Guni

Guni New Member

Hello,

I am currently using team speak to communicate with friends as we play the game. I've been a supporter since kick-starter and this is a rather new bug for me. Whenever i open the game, with ts running in the background, the sound will mute itself in game. My sound is on in settings and i have no volume control's in ts to prevent this. My windows mixer also says that planetary is normal in sound specs, and my sound still works on ts, music and anything else.

PA is the only game this happens too.

Thanks,
    Guni
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I use teamspeak while playing pretty much all the time and don't have this problem.

Can you find out where the volume is actually being changed? Is it in the PA settings or the OS settings? Also I'd suggest checking your Teamspeak audio settings and Overwolf too, if you use it, because that can cause complications.

==

EDIT: sorry I didn't read your post through thoroughly enough, you've actually explained the above already.
    One other thing I can think of, are your audio drivers up-to-date? Do you have a dedicated sound card?
  3. Guni

Guni New Member

All good man, my audio drivers are up to date, that was the first thing i tackled. I don't have a dedicated sound card, its incorporated in, from my knowledge. I have no issues in anything else and i can still talk and hear on ts, along with playing the game, im just playing it mute. The mixer shows no issues and there aren't any playback options that are muting it as well. It's really strange. Just dead.

I must say that when i start the game there is music, with the soundtrack playing, but then about 30 seconds in it just goes mute.
  4. cwarner7264

I've had a scout around a couple of forums looking for similar problems. It pains me to ask this, but "have you tried turning it off and on again?" - By which I mean have you experienced this issue consistently, over the course of several system boots?

Also, is it consistently muting after a fixed time period, or is it varied, and is it a 100% chance of happening or does it not happen some times?
  5. Guni

Guni New Member

haha i have rebooted thinking it was a system based glitch. Ive rebooted three times, ive tried verifying my files, and its every time, as in, about 30 seconds in, we go silent and dead in the water. I try alt tabbing but nothing in the options i can see is killing it, my headphones are still the only enabled device that is default device, my mixer doesn't have any changes to it. Maybe ill just have to make the sound effects myself for the time being ;(
  6. cwarner7264

Please record yourself doing this. I bet someone could add those to a sound mod for the game!

I'll keep hunting for solutions for this, but meantime could you post your dxdiag.txt? That way we know exactly what setup this is occurring on.
  7. Guni

Guni New Member

Here you are

(My sound mod will be sort after in the casual and competitive scene ;P )

Attached Files:

cwarner7264 likes this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

9. Guni

Guni New Member

10. Guni

Guni New Member

*BUMP* Anyone else got an idea to get my sound back that they can throw my way?

Also does anyone know a fix for mouse 5 unbinding. I use it as my push to talk key, and when i use it, it basically cancels my selections or stops production. I tried to see if it was un-bindable in settings but no luck.

Thanks in advance.

*EDIT*

So the sound cuts out after i hit accept to the TOS Agreement and it does the login feature.
    Last edited: June 24, 2014