[GW] AI

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by grogyan, June 23, 2014.

1. grogyan

grogyan New Member

I am not sure if this is discussed yet, however with my current (first actually) GW, and just finished a boss fight yesterday.
    I am thoroughly enjoy playing this game mode.
    However I noticed, fairly obvious, that AI is, how I say it, a pansy. It may be because I am playing on normal difficulty, but still?
    On most of the planets, I can eliminate a single AI in well under 10 minutes, this doesn't seem right. Essentially tank rushing him, only to find he had just a single factory up and running, maybe two.

Then came the boss fight, with myself with two support commanders, 2 AIs on the same planet and a 3rd on another. I could have honestly not even bothered with the support commanders, they were of no help.
    Not nearly enough of an attempt to respond to my constant pinging to attack the last planet with the enemy AI.
    While watching my computer lag more and more with my pesky sub commanders build pointless units rather than mount a formidable force to break through the enemy AI's heavily fortified planet, it was left up to me, to mass 30 Orbital Cannons, plus a few Advanced Satellites, to snipe the last AI commander.
    The enemy AI didn't want to mound a sizable orbital attack on me either. Truly curious.

I hope Sorian can make the AI much more aggressive than what it is, without having to resort to cheating to provide a moderate challenge.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Yeah, try it on a harder level. I still can't win on the hardest one.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I can't neither, but last time made it 5 matches in. Best so far for me.

AI is supposed to build teleporter now. On absurd, I haven't seen, but if you let AI get orbital or advanced for longer than a minute, they will not be stoppable by a human player, you can't outproduce it or reach it. You need early strike, and for it to be effective at stalling eco/orbital/t2. I kind of suck and I managed it. I just couldn't do it definitely each match. Also, 5 attemps and I never seen an extra slot, 1st attempt had no slots glitch, next ones had 3 slots only and no impressive tech.
  4. degazda

degazda New Member

Well... As a noob to both Planetary Annihilation and GW (but not to Total Annihilation, still one of my favorite games and main motive to purchase this one :), I think the "normal" should be considered "easy" as the AI hardly attack me even if I let them build for 30 minutes or so... I can't wait to see my first Boss Battle, so far, I'm loving the game and will move to a harder GW pretty soon!
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The ai is restricted on the lower levels to make it playable for beginners.

Sorian ai is lethal when unrestricted.

Host a multiplayer game, add a hard ai (it doesn't cheat unless you manually increase its economy) and see how you get on.... :) basically the ai is weakest against rushes, if you leave it for more than a few mins on hard your in for a hell of a fight!
  6. degazda

degazda New Member

Hell yeah! That's what I wanna see! I kind of been waiting for 15 years to be kicked by an Total Annihilation-like AI! Thanks for the tip!
  7. grogyan

grogyan New Member

Tried Relentless, which is just a little too hard for me -> that's a good thing, it's challenging.
  8. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

pinging does not convey any orders. the ai does not notice it.