1. Yes.

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. AncientSpartan7

AncientSpartan7 New Member

Costumes that you can unlock for doing certain things with a class. I think it would add a unique touch to the game that would be fun for people to do. Like lets say.... Im a gunner and one of the tasks out of 3 i need to do is Pancake 10 people... In result if i completed all 3 tasks, I would get a costume to use on my guy, Im sure you get the idea and i think it would be fun. Thanks for reading. If your going to read this please atleast but a vote in the poll, remember, your opinion counts.
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

huh!?!

oh, i get it. hey, valve employee, we see you behind that username. its ok, i like team fort 2. im not guna hit you with a mace like everyone else here. but the problem is we know its a tf2 move to do this. its neither unique or fun, ask fans of this game who abandoned tf2.

seriously tho, "gear" is what they released so far for this game. earning might make too many parallels. still, maybe they could meet half-way and link some gear to protags. that way, it doesnt effect/change gameplay, isnt too much of a pain that you see boosters constantly, and its interesting.

i always wanted customizeable looks and maybe phrases and/or taunts too. maybe for getting "heck yeah" protag, you get the "heck yeah taunt". or for the more turrets you build of a certain type, you get more skins for that turret (someone who built 500 shaveice would have a cooler looking shaveice turret skin option)

i too will play with this idea on steam, when i look for cool mods to create and implement and advertize to uberent. but these are just some ideas i am guna vote yes for. your idea just made it sound too much like that other game, you gotta be careful not to do that if you dont wana make enemies.
  3. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Oh yeah, I recall Modern Warfare 2. If you really wanted those extended mags, you needed 50 penetration kills with the FMJ attachment. Not only did it mean grinding out the achievement but I probably wasn't helping my team looking for enemies behind surfaces and only focusing on my personal objective.

I know you're asking for shorter goals such as 10 pancakes but it will still motivate certain people to go for them when they won't be helping in the main objective of winning.

I want my gunners providing me with cover fire, not trying to pancake people because they wanted something.
  4. tddevil

tddevil New Member

i think its a good idea
    i dont think it should do anything
    but different skins and taunts would be awesome
    i dont think it should be too hard to get or your not told how until you do it
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

exactly. im sure former tf2 players wouldnt mind it in this fashon. everybody likes cool looking stuff. im all for cool looking stuff and completing goals for unlockable cool looking stuff

but adding too much like tf2 did and completely shuffling important gameplay with it would be bad. just make simple unlockable gear and taunts and im sure everyone will agree its awesome in the end.
  6. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Yeah but. . .we're still stuck with nothing yet the PC users get Hell-Loads.

So I'm all for this idea. I ain't getting shafted again.
  7. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

Appearance customisation? Good idea.

Tying it to in-game metrics that will distract people from playing objective? Bad idea.
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Agreed.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i agree...

but i think it could be tied to in-game metrics WITHOUT distracting from objective. again, the devs would need to consider if the goal for earning something would be going against objective. a one-time thing thats not too big wouldnt be so bad, like CoD boot camp challenges. a over-time goal wouldnt either, kills for assault rifles and destroying turrents would be good.

streaks and dancing in the center of bot lanes wouldnt be good things to give rewards to. they should go unrewarded in that field. things that people would try hell or high water to boost or hack for, like total gameplay time of 50 days, would be a bad idea.
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

It is a good idea if it is done right, mainly meaning it doesn't stray that much from the game's theme.
  11. AncientSpartan7

AncientSpartan7 New Member

Maybe you could only get it throught getting money in Blitz mode, like you can buy the costume/taunt thus it wouldnt stop people who want to play the game right in Crossfire to get a bunch of gunners sitting there pancaking assassins. lol I like to think of 6 Gunner going after 1 assassin XD If it were to happen like that i would love to be the assassin im good at getting gunners cause i have seen the behavior patterns of alot of gunners
  12. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

Ill take costumes and crap when we have more maps.
  13. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

here is a good idea. once the modding tools come out, everyone can make maps and gear and taunts maybe. then we can all have 20 maps, most of which arent broken, and 20 costumes and 10 taunts.

i nearly **** myself when spunky cola's amazing stuff came out, so if all this came out then i would most definitely need to play from my laptop while sitting on the toilet.