No Support Love

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Imsoooometal, August 12, 2010.

1. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

I know how this goes. I've been playing a Resto Shaman in WoW for 5 years. It's an unromantic job. You get none of the girls or lauded with praise. We're an unsung hero. There are only sections for kills/deaths/assists and money. No "top healer" section. That's because it's a job no one wants to do, really. Well, those of us that play Support and refuse to play anything else do. You have to be a little touched in the head to play a healing or utility class.

Generally, we're not too full of ourselves. We don't mind not basking in the sunlight and letting the Assassins get all their easy kills. We all know it's US that keeps the ball rolling. While the turds in the match turn the game into yet another team deathmatch game (please go away MW2 players), we're out hacking turrets, healing bots and making sure our teammates stay up in a fight. We rush headlong into the base trying to hack a turret putting our lives on the line! We're the real heroes, Support. You know it. I know it. We all know it. We just don't get any of the honor or glory.

Real men play Support.
  2. [UBER]Hellchick

[UBER]Hellchick New Member

...and real women.

(Takes off her hat and places it over her heart, wiping a tear from her eye.)
  3. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Yes. And women!

VIVA LA SUPPORT
  4. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

females play video games?!
  5. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

You guys can be a huge pain in my *** when you play right. Usually if we don't win before overtime, it's because the other team has a really good support. I hate you with all my heart :) Oh and hellchick, you are the worst of the worst. Don't take this the wrong way but I hate playing against you :). Now if your on my team, that's a different story. In that situation your my best friend :D
  6. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

I like to think I play right. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one spending my hard earned cash (I don't seem to get as much as the "HEROES") on buying bots. I always overheal a push before it goes out. It just seems to me that, unless you play Support, it's just a team deathmatch.

We're the glue that keeps the team together! Even when those on your team know nothing of the word!
  7. tim

tim Uber Alumni

I admit that I am definitely most impressed by people who play Support well.
    (like Hellchick!)
  8. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

I actually like playing medic in games i guess it's just being there for your team and helping them out that makes me like it. :D
  9. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

That's what I like about it as well. I also like getting top earnings per game and showing these turds how to play Support!

What's that? Thought you were being cute, Assassin? Thought I was an easy kill? Suck on the business end of my shotgun!

Huh? Say again, Tank? YOU HAS BIG GUN? How's this air strike attached to your groin feel?
  10. [UBER]Hellchick

[UBER]Hellchick New Member

Compliment TAKEN!
  11. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

If you find your not getting a lot of cash, set up your fire base in a bot lane to help with farming. Also I would recommend purchasing and upgrading Long Shot turrets and hack those too (Don't do this on Steel Peel though). The long shot turrets will effectively get you assists and cash from bots, they can also warrant some good kills (especially when they are 3.3). They are also efficient at getting campers killed.
    Last edited: August 12, 2010
  12. Imsoooometal

Imsoooometal New Member

Funny you'd mention that. My last 2 games had me top earner. ;)
  13. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

As someone who's verbal on the M-I-C and falling in love with the Gunner class slowly (since all the MW2 players want to go assassin until we lose to the first Jackbot that spawns) I do tip my hat to the rare player that chooses Support class and does well at it. You guys also seem to understand that it takes a team and you TALK BACK TO ME so I can put the hurt where it counts.

Thank you Support. In the immortal words of 2Pac, "My plan is to show you that I understand. You are appreciated."
  14. Hildogen

Hildogen New Member

A single good support can turn the game around, more so than any other class IMO. I feel the main reason they don't get any "love" is that too many people still view this as a typical death match. People constantly ignoring the money ball is proof of that. Once more people realize what this game is seriously about I think that will change.
  15. WorldEdit

WorldEdit New Member

I love playing Support especially in a very heated match. I love when the other classes dont take you seriously once you are juiced. I have caught so many Gunners and Tanks off guard by healing/hurting that last little bit of juice, charging up and draining their life faster then they can say w-t-f. Truly a beautiful and fun class to play. :lol:
    Last edited: August 13, 2010
  16. ptcMalice

ptcMalice New Member

Real man here.

:( I can never hack enemy turrets alone.
  17. intelekt

intelekt New Member

I hack the Long Shot turrets alone often... and many times the Opposing team has no idea they are getting shot from behind their lines... it really is fun.
  18. Warskull

Warskull New Member

A good support is also the worst thing to see on another team. If their team is horribly incompetent, they can still maintain a rock solid defense and maybe get their team an overtime win. If they have anyone else who knows what they are doing and gets them a little breathing room, they can push hard.
  19. Trusty Mutsi

Trusty Mutsi New Member

Thank you for the rousing speech. I love playing support type characters! :) The knowledge that you're doing the most important job gives a warm feeling inside.
  20. Ian

Ian New Member

Support FTW! Support can help finish a game within 3 or 4 minutes if all goes well!