Built in custom music player?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by valheria, June 17, 2014.

1. valheria

valheria Active Member

Does Uber plan to add a custom music player like the one found in TA? Because i don't want to keep running VLC everytime i play a game.

Don't get me wrong i love the music for PA but i do like to listen to other stuff like most people : )
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Brokenshakles and brianpurkiss like this.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

PeggleFrank likes this.
  4. tatsujb

I dunno, what to say. : /

"No you're not getting it and next time necro the thread" ?
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

That's a lot of time and energy to add something that will provide nothing to actually gameplay. Also it would probably be even less effective than standard players, since Uber would have to build a brand new player.

So, yeah, no. Or this should be on the very bottom of the list next to "Tech Tree through Research Center".
    PeggleFrank and brianpurkiss like this.
  6. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Last edited: June 17, 2014
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

To quote steam's music player beta group announcement:
    - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steammusic#announcements
    subliminal steam music player promotion here
  8. tatsujb

why?? why do people purposefully complicate their lives?? "Task-switching bewteen.." what? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

ever heard of these guys?:
    Snapshot_20140618_5.JPG

Media Keys. you can map them to any music app.

whatever your preferred one is and whatever your os is. Nowadays no laptop comes without them and neither does any keyboard you buy.

They are active and take imediate effect no matter how resource investing or fullscreen the app is.

meaning no "alt-tabbing" ..ever.

I posted this in the last thread too.

I you guys wouldn't mind reading.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/suggestion-an-in-game-music-player.56919/#post-881771 (the buttons you see are mousclickable as well as controled by the media keys)
    Last edited: June 18, 2014
  9. keterei

keterei Active Member

Mute the in-game music and use your own music player or youtube.
  10. nateious

nateious Active Member

I remember seeing this request before on the SupCom forums and now here, and everyone says mute the music and use a music player in the background. I'm not sure if this is what OP was going for, but TA allowed you to assign different songs on the CD to different conditions (Battle, Building, Victory and Defeat).

That way you could set some songs to play when you were building your base and others when there was battle going on (I'm not sure how the victory and defeat since the game ended when you won or lost and you wouldn't hear any more music. maybe one of the ex-cavedog employees could fill us in :p) You could do this with any music CD as well not just the TA CDs (though why you would not want to hear TA's music, I have no idea) It worked great as an alert system as well, as when TA switched to a battle track you knew something was happening.

In any case, this can't be done with an external player because it has no way of knowing what state the game is in.
  11. valheria

valheria Active Member

At last someone who actually read and understood my topic.. TA had a awesome system for custom music so i don't see why they can't add that into this game. Yes the PA music is amazing but like many people you would want to listen to other stuff too while you smash someone to bits on here.
  12. nateious

nateious Active Member

Heh, I know. And yet I bet there will be another topic about this down the road and people again will say use an external player.

Personally if PA did implement this, I would add in TA's sound track, SupCom's sound track and combine those with PAs soundtrack to make the ultimate RTS soundtrack :D
    lokiCML likes this.