For the love of PA and for the love of the game

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ikickasss, June 17, 2014.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

odd, I haven't had any problems on this build.

The UI lag was bad on the last stable build but just fine on this one.

Could be hardware specific maybe. I'm running an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @2.8 GHz, AMD 7850 2GB GRAM, 8GB RAM.

I don't really suffer until really late game on multiplanet stalemates, and the client side is suffering as much as the server at that point.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I haven't played on a single planet that had trees on it while this build was stable, and was still getting massive lag server-side. The odd part is, I wasn't getting this lag while it was on the PTE. It might just have been the number of people playing it when the patch came out.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

4. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I started fires on a planet that was one of 5 in the system, no lag, it was early in the match though. basically we com alt fired to get rid of trees so we could build faster.
  5. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

People with awesome computers Unite!!
    Last edited: June 17, 2014
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

good, so I have a greater number of victims when I finally snap and start killing people randomly, because my PA doesn't work. Erm.. I mean, I like bacon.
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Wow, we're PC bros. The only difference is I'm running a 6870.

And yup, I barely have performance issues, even on Uber quality.

Don't forget guys, with every major feature implemented, we'll have a good months worth of bugs, and then the next big rock hits, another month of bugs and optimisations, right until we get to 1.0. Also, performance has been optimised A LOT considering to beta when I started, so I think progress is there.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  8. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

I'll probs be an easy target, just sitting there in my chair, admiring my 60 fps late game.

:p

I feel your pain though. Until recently I had essentially a Netbook and the main menu was laggy as ****.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  9. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Yea, I'm just being whiny, because It makes me feel better. I'll be buying a new computer as soon as my savings allow for it. In the mean time, I'll be feeding my hamsters more steroids and watch them explode.
    Clopse and someonewhoisnobody like this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Further to my earlier post, I have tested on a single moon against 1 AI and the problem persists. I have just updated to the new Nvidia beta drivers, and updated PA and it is a little better.

The lag appears related to the UI- the frame rate in between actions is very high (over 100 consistently), however as soon as I do anything I get a short pause.

This is apparent from the very start of the game so I don't think its an issue with the server running poorly (I got 10 fps / 1fps on the server / sim tabs which I believe is normal?).

It also shouldn't be anything to do with my internet connection- I'm on 3o mb fibre.

I have tried removing mods, I've also tried enabling KO-Deferred however neither make any difference.

System is Windows 7 64bit with all updates installed, Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 on latest Beta drivers, 4gb ram (low I know but no where near full on a single planet map like that) and a Phenom II X3 720 cpu. All was fine in the previous stable build.
    tatsujb likes this.
  11. Kola2

Kola2 Member

The game shouldn't lagg with 3 planets all on raidus 200.... but it does.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't know, I've gotten 0.1fps before with sim... server wasn't doing well either..
    Remy561 likes this.
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

could you guys please try the fix I posted above?
  14. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I have tried KO-Deferred mod.. makes no difference at all :(