Crazy Idea(Xbox controllers)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by EpicT3hRipp3R, December 27, 2010.

1. EpicT3hRipp3R

EpicT3hRipp3R New Member

Before the flame, consider the possibilities.Using the Xbox 360 controller on pc is possible and only a handful of games allow it. It would be the best of both worlds if you could. The graphics of my computer with the comfortableness of my controller. Mind you that I haven't played on pc yet but I can imagine I am not the only one that would like to do it this way
  2. Litego

Litego New Member

Sure, I woudnt mind if it was allowed, you are only nerfing yourself. The old keyboard and mouse just offers better aim. So if you are willing to give up your aim to play with a controller it doesnt hurt me (unless we are on the same team).
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

you can use it, though as far as I can tell it only supports the standard layout (no tactical or southpaw)
  4. PKC

PKC New Member

there are numerous games that support the 360 controller.

and no, no PC gamer wants to play MNC with a pad. pads are good for fighters, sports games, platformers and racers (if you don't have access to a wheel). not shooters.

if you want to play PC games and be "comfortable" you run your system into your tv and use wireless mouse & keyboard from the couch. like i do ;)
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

There is nothing comfortable about the controller. It not only gimps your ability to actually aim but it also gimps your maneuverability. You cannot compete with a controller against even a moderately decent player on the keyboard and mouse. Microsoft did a study when they were thinking about Xbox and GFWL integration. PC players just annihilated the console players every time.
  6. kankle

kankle New Member

QFT, don't waste your time, TRUST US DUDE. Spend the 2 days learning PC controls you will never play a console shooter again
  7. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Preferences aside I've had great success using a free program called Glovepie to make my 360 controllers, my usb playsteez knockoff and a wiimote emulate keyboard and mouse. It was originally made to allow the nintendo powerglove (!) to work with any pc game.

Setup is a little on the rough side and you need to find or make scripts, but there are already plenty of them out there for using 360 controllers for different types of games including shooters. You would also get the benefit of being able to remap any button/stick to any function, so you could emulate tactical or southpaw or shift all the skills to the d pad or whatever ya want.

P.S. It also supports the wiimote's accelerometers so you can even program things like slash to slash and shake the nunchuk to reload. Not that I would endorse using a wiimote to play MNC though...
  8. EpicT3hRipp3R

EpicT3hRipp3R New Member

I am just throwing out options to make a more appealing game for more people.
  9. PKC

PKC New Member

you mean by suggesting something the game already has? ;)
  10. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

You already can hookup a controller and play it on the PC version. We have a guy here who plays like that.
  11. southrnplayr

southrnplayr New Member

I use a controller for the reason that my setup does not allow a comfortable way to use a mouse and keyboard. I am a huge believer in mouse and keyboard out performs the controller any day. My kill/death ratio is suffering severely cause I use a game pad. But at least I am comfortable when I die. :lol: :lol:
  12. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

I am using the controller for the PC version and am loving it.

However I have some issues with it which I'll list in a different thread soon enough.
  13. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Certainly the assassin and support don't need the precision of the mouse. They would, assume, still suffer in turning time.
  14. [Knovocaine]

[Knovocaine] New Member

I use my mouse and half of an xbox 360 controller. Bouse for aiming/skills using the side buttons, with the controller having movement, jump on the trigger, juice on the stick click, and taunt on the bumper. Tis fun