Funny how in a shooter based on tower defense...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by My Pen Is HUGE, February 2, 2011.

1. My Pen Is HUGE

My Pen Is HUGE New Member

The easiest way to win (imo) is to play offensively.

Anybody else agree.
  2. Nayr

Nayr New Member

It was based on tower defense games? Hmmm, never knew. And yeah it's pretty funny. Base defenses aren't necessary if you have a good offense.
  3. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

How are you supposed to win at all if you don't play offensively. I mean I get that its partially Tower Defense play but thats only for defense and more so mainly Blitz.
  4. My Pen Is HUGE

My Pen Is HUGE New Member

Ya, I see what you mean.

I see so many bad threads saying that "you have to play slowly and build turrets if you want to win crossfire". Goddamn do they get on my nerves.
  5. CrazyCarl

CrazyCarl New Member

Ya no one will get me to play slowly, I'm a pretty rush oriented guy, I rush almost all the time.Though turrets are important; in most cases if a bot lane was left unprotected and bots make their way through turrets can pick up those kills, which is good if your up in the other base with your bots. Its of course good to have good offense with a good defense, but no offense means no win.
  6. Flawed

Flawed New Member

If you don't have base defenses, you'd better be good enough to win before overtime. There have been quite a few occasions where my team was getting absolutely handled in regulation, and we managed to win in overtime (because they had no turrets at all)
  7. mute

mute New Member

I'm starting to go bald from the number of times I've pulled my hair out joining a random pub and my team does nothing but deploy or snipe from their base. Nothing makes me happier than seeing some rockit 3's built by everyone to share the $ hit, and some shaved near those,.. but GET OUT OF THE BASE MANG. If you don't leave the most you are doing is stopping the bots as they get close.. if that. On top of it, you're giving the other team a free pass to setup and control the rest of the map. Grow a pair! :evil:
  8. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

I prefer to keep bots out of my base.
  9. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

10. SHOW YOUR HEART

SHOW YOUR HEART New Member

I'm not sure if a number exists that could represent the number of times someone has started a thread about this.
  11. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Threeve.
  12. SpcTorres

SpcTorres New Member

Peachypony, Peachypony, Peachypony...... That's the easiest way for you to win. LOL
  13. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

In a competitive match, turrets are an absolute last resort. They get taken down too fast.
  14. mute

mute New Member

That's an exaggeration, but not far off from the truth.

However..it again brings me to the point of wondering, why the hell are turret's sheilds so damn weak in the first place? I've constantly wondered this since the game first came out and still think they got it wrong. Rockits are tough when fully upgraded, but thats about it..(they'll still go down like paper dolls). Longshots and Laser 3s are cute at best.
  15. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I'd say playing this game on both offensive AND defensive is all on the same wavelength.
  16. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I see this a lot on PC: My team will get steamrolled (Like, in the 20+ deaths range each) and I will play defensively and build my juice. When overtime comes I go and take out their base, which is defended by a single lvl 1 Longshot. People really need to manage their priorities.
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i still say you can do that. you can outdefend an offence and eventually take a more solid map control piece by piece.

its kind of like chess. your defence DOES have to be solid enough that your not attacked from both sides trying to push forward. you cant just not attack at all tho, some people think you can play chess without attacking simply by applying the threat of attack, and i can play recklessly but stable and beat good chess players if they do that.

you need to attack, and you need to make your attack sustainable. if you dont attack, you wont do damage, you can only hope for a tie at best (and since you can mortar base-to-base, your moneyball WILL get damaged in overtime, face it).

if you attack is too dedicated and you all camp right outside the enemy base the entire time, assassins will juice your turrets at your base and then juice you from behind while the team pushes out to the field, and get bots in before you spawn again.

18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

^^^ you forgot charge 3.

defense really doesnt work, especially when the enemy has map control and can juice chain effectively. when i get up against turtling, i just wipe out bots. i buy the minimum and spend the rest on turrets to counter that.