Why was the Support's Airstrike 'nerfed'?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by JimCognito, February 1, 2011.

1. JimCognito

JimCognito New Member

It's been 2 months now and as a mainly Support player I still feel the sting of the skill recharge reduction on airstrikes. So I ask for your thoughts and opinions on why it was thought that godly a skill that it got rather drastically set back?
  2. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Because it needed to be. Maybe not as bad as it was, but Supports were way better offensively than I think it was intended to be.
  3. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

This, I don't feel the sting at all. Airstrikes are great for turrets but not much else anyway.

/thread.
  4. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

It was a bit much though....
  5. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

You don't play the support at all, do you?
  6. JDogMcNasty

JDogMcNasty New Member

x2
  7. SHStiger

SHStiger New Member

Airstrikes are really only necessary for turrets/firebases and occasionally killing a massive group of bots as a last ditch effort before they enter your base. I usually don't even bother upgrading to level 3 ($400 for gapshots > extra airstrike/recovery time) , and most of the time I don't even throw Skill Recovery in my build.
  8. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I think the air strike was a great tool against Pros both offensively and defensively. It was certainly a lot more viable to play turtle support when you could actually throw enough of them to be a threat to heavies and distant snipers. Especially before ROF had an effect on the HH gun; you could run gold skill and use the strikes to make an area/ledge of denial. Now you can just leash a turret and wait and hope someone helps.

I can *kinda* see how you would say they're only good for turrets n bots, that is if you didn't get to play the support a lot pre-nerf. I use them a lot for traps and to advance. I use them to create a gap in attacks so I can get a hack off. I drop them on turrets when the sins come juicing. All of these things were more dynamic before the nerf, but this was also the days before shotty builds and rampant slayerism in your everyday support.

tl;dr: The nerf broke defensive support, air strikes have tons of uses.
  9. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I play support and I feel my airstrikes recharge rate is fine.

If anything, the pre-DLC airstrike recharge rate was ridiculous.

Airstrikes will not automatically win the game for you.

Amen.
  10. Nayr

Nayr New Member

I honestly don't mind it, and I play support almost every game with skill recharge at bronze. I'm more annoyed by the hack nerf and the hurt gun being nerfed so badly. Though I can understand that it was a bit OP when used right but all an assault or whoever is getting hit needs to do is hit the support with their much more damaging weapons or just run away. Against any decent player a support is just a useless cripple mindlessly healing things while his team has to play a man down. Against morons, he's a ton of fun.
  11. mute

mute New Member

well put.

apparently they already adjusted it on the pc.. hope it floats over soon enough.
  12. My Pen Is HUGE

My Pen Is HUGE New Member

Because some players know a little bit more about the balance of the game then other players, and the devs caved in to the constant complaints of people getting killed by airstrikes.

They fixed it on PC but because Xbox Live is so slow don't expect it until next year.
  13. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I have searched and can't find complaints about airstrikes. I did see tons of "com plates" about the shotty though.
  14. My Pen Is HUGE

The update for the airstrike nerf was a long time ago, search harder
  15. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I mained support for my first 7 million in earnings. I followed feedback and issues/wishlist very closely for anything pertaining to the support since early September. It's almost all about the Shotgun. If it wasn't about the shotgun, it was about not having to aim the heal gun. If it wasn't about that, it was about the problem with the heal gun where it would insta-full health enemy and allied juiced players. I know when they nerfed his airstrikes.
  16. My Pen Is HUGE

I have great memories of people saying that the Support's airstrike is OP.

But really, if you're getting close enough to get killed by a support's shotgun you probably deserve it.
  17. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

The only people who could possibly com plate about the airstrike are those who are too stupid to get out of the blast radius. It really couldn't be more apparent that the strike is coming. Do people need personal engraved invitations to remove themselves from the radius?
  18. My Pen Is HUGE

You tell them what's what, female.
  19. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Wait, what?

I've been on or trolling this board since release and I don't remember any com plates about the strikes.

(And thx for compliment, on my phone so can't check your name.)
  20. keighlon

keighlon New Member

Support is fine as is, nerf assault bomb, nerf snipers smg and remove skill drain from ice traps, fix lazerblazers to where they have a use, and voila! A balanced game. Oh and get rid of juice vendors. End of story.