Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by arm2thecore, June 6, 2014.

1. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Holy crap.

Very impressed.

Actually, I'm just now listening to "The Die Has Been Cast," and not to be cheesy, but absorbing that track outside of the game context, I'm surprisingly finding myself getting a bit weepy. The images of Steve and Jon in the soundtrack release video, the memory of when this whole project started, the expansion of the game over the years, the thought of all the hard work by all Uber's team members to bring us this game. Amazing stuff, and that track is bringing it all around to an emotional state. I don't want to see any of this end.

I'm a 46 year old computer programmer and have been through a lot of computer history - I've seen and done a lot, but you guys are my present-day heroes. Your talents will influence others to get into the programming/gaming/art/music fields. You should be damn proud of what you've accomplished to date.

Last but not least, congratulations Howard- that is one hell of a soundtrack. Thank you.
    radongog, kjotak109, cdrkf and 9 others like this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

The soundtrack is goosebump-inducing in a way that I haven't experienced since TA.

How regular an occurrence is it for game soundtracks to win awards? And how do I nominate PA?
    kjotak109 and cdrkf like this.
  3. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I know what you mean about it! I'm also very happy they went with Howard instead of Jeremy Soule. Everybody already knows what Jeremy can do and he is already legendary. Giving Howard the chance to show off his talent was the only way to get him the recognition he needs to become a legend too!
    cdrkf, Nicb1 and cwarner7264 like this.
  4. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

those soundtracks are impressive
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

There was Babayetu from Civ IV and the soundtrack from Journey, which both won.

Overall it's not very common, but if anything were to do it again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was this one.
    The Grammy's are pretty much run by the top 40 now though so I doubt it :/
  6. Verios44

Verios44 New Member

I also agree that this is one of the best soundtracks I have heard in a long time.

I used to always think that the gentle notes and style of EVE Online's background music to be my favorite for relaxing listening. Now this soundtrack comes along and takes the cake.
    jtibble likes this.
  7. stawos

stawos Member

Awesome soundtrack! As Kickstarter backers, is it possible for us to get a .pdf of the score?
  8. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

thanks for the kind words, dude.

I'll talk to Howard about the sheet music.
    Jaedrik, PeggleFrank and stawos like this.
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I would also love some sheet music. Name your price.
  10. welshenzie

welshenzie Member

It really is a rather special score. As I said in the other forum, usually with these kinds of things there are perhaps a couple of epic tracks then the rest are fairly ordinary but this is just wonderful. Even the old TA soundtrack (which I adored) had quite bit of atmospheric music which you couldn't really enjoy as it was just meant as backing in moments of lull in game.

With this though even the music that's been designed for the quieter moments is special and infinitely listenable.
  11. stawos

stawos Member

Thanks for passing the word, I haven't played in a while but getting my hands on this score will get me to dust off my Euphonium and play along :)
    zurginator and PeggleFrank like this.
  12. zurginator

zurginator Member

Awww yeah, Euphoniums unite!
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Is Howard on the forum? Because if not he should be. Under the name of "Mostrom-nom-nom"
  14. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Hell yeah.:D
  15. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

This Soundtrack has replaced the tracks in a few other games, and I have to admit it's pretty epic to run to as well. People that have heard it in the background on TeamSpeak have also said that it was a pretty epic sounding soundtrack and asked what it was from.

I think even 1 or 2 people bought the game just because they liked the music. :cool:
  16. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Sheet music. Yes. Now. My trombone needs playing.
  17. drrobotussin

drrobotussin New Member

I love the sound track. Only gripe is some of the songs are WAAAAY to short, like the track What We Built. There are quite a few tracks that have some very memorable themes and notes to them and then it just kinda ends, which not only does it sound like it's going to go on for at lest another minute but makes it feel a lot less epic and kinda disapointing that it's over.

But I did find a way to kinda fill the gap. I found that the Pacific Rim Soundtrack has a pretty simiular style to PA and combining the two makes one hell of a music score. Plus my itunes always seems to know the best time to start playing tracks when on random.
  18. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I believe that the shorter tracks are for in game and post game occurrences.
  19. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Gota admit i like the music, at first I was like "why waist money on a soundtrack that 90% of people are going to mute in favour of there own wmp playlist's".

But having heard it, I am 100% pleased I didn't post my thaught's. It really is rather special. My girlfriend know sits and watches me play just so she can listen to it!!

It really is one of the best game soundtracks I've heard.
  20. LeatherNeck2382

LeatherNeck2382 Member

The conversation did come up a long, long time ago. Most people (including myself) were firmly in the camp that the music was a huge part of the game, and that some of the scores in TA and SupCom made battles that much more epic. We see how that panned out, and it will probably be in the soundtrack I play for many other games too for a long while.
    Jaedrik likes this.