Sniper Strategy

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by Sm1tty Sm1t, August 11, 2010.

1. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

So, after never being a sniper in any game I've ever played, I've surprised myself by playing as the Sniper and doing very well.

I'm a camper by nature (I'm trying to teach myself to NOT be!) so I setup near my base and snipe opposing players or bots from the comfort of cover.

As for strategy, usually I upgrade my Flak and my Traps 1st. The Flak allows area damage @ level 3, and the traps allow 2 traps @ lvl 2, 3 traps @ lvl 3. So I will usually place a trap in front me and behind me to start. This allows defense from Assassins who like to poke me in the buttocks.

Then, I find a vantage point across the map -- somewhere the opposing team wouldnt expect a shot to come from. My best plan of action usually includes taking out a few bots to earn some cash and upgrading to traps 3, then to flak 3 -- more damage, 1 extra trap to set down...you get the point.

Then just fire away. It's fun to get in a sniper fight with someone across the map -- sometimes I get a lucky headshot, sometimes they do. Keep in mind that if someone is using cover and even an ELBOW is sticking out, you can shoot it to damage them.

Also, my endorsements are for reload spead, fire rate, and skill regen.
  2. Flamesaw

Flamesaw New Member

thats not so much a strategy as much as you are just explain how to camp...its not that hard.

and sniper damage is a pro choice for first pick along with flak grenades.

Learn to use the snipers mobility to your advantage with quick scoping
  3. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I dont see how quick scoping would be effective in this game.
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

I got into a few long range battles with you playing snipe and me playing tank. You won almost all of them.
  5. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Here's a Sniper strategy.

DON'T play in a game with Dvorak Z.
  6. JATOSIN

JATOSIN New Member

Amen to that, Legit is a pretty strong sniper as well.
  7. Sengoku no Maou

Sengoku no Maou New Member

[​IMG]
  8. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I got into a few GOOD duels with him. He got me about 6 out of 10 times, I'd say.
  9. JATOSIN

JATOSIN New Member

I think I played a few games with you yesterday Smitty, and I just got done watching your vid on youtube your right abotu your description a little wonky in the beginning but you turned it on at the end of the match, Great headshot on Legit as well.
  10. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

I'm MUCH better now, anway. Those videos are LITERALLY the 1st 4 games I ever played. I'm going to try and post more tonight.
  11. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

Haha I am by no means a strong sniper :D

Although dont cross me while im an assassin...or gunner...or support :D
  12. Rebz

Rebz New Member

I didn't really want to make a whole other thread about this so I'll post it here.

In your opinion what are the best endorsements for sniper? I've experimented with a lot of different ones but for my play style i like

Gold - Fire rate
    Silver - juice
    Bronze - critical shot

I like the juice bc when i play sniper i like to get in the middle of the map and take out the other teams bots as soon as they come out of spawn, build up my juice, kill a few people while im juiced then retreat and do it all over again. So that helps me get juice faster and the fire rate at gold helps me take out the bots/turrets faster. I also like to upgrade my passive first for the explosive sniper bullets.

Does anybody know if the accuracy endorsement affects the sniper rifle at all? I mean as far as i can tell the sniper rifle shoots where i point it lol, but if it does make it more accurate then that could be a good one too!
  13. Nightmare

Nightmare New Member

You know that map with the jump pad in the middle, and a large outer ring? A great strategy I found for that was to stay on the arches going over the main paths. If they are attacking in large groups, I would throw down an Ice trap, followed by that skill that drains their health, I got my first triple kill doing that :)

-On a side note, I accidental dropped my controller while playing the sniper, and it blind fired and headshotted a cloak Assassin :0

..I wet myself
  14. l3g1t

l3g1t Member

The map your thinking of is the Grenade iii map
  15. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

I think I play sniper a little odd 2 some people. The first things I upgrade are my passive and my grapple. I like 2 snipe but also push forward out on the front lines instead of camping like most snipers. And nothing is better than charging a tank as a sniper and killing him with a grapple. :lol:
  16. devorax

devorax Member

Devorax Z

=[
  17. devorax

devorax Member

Quick scoping in my opinion is by far the most effective method of sniping in this game.
    I personally am never really in the scope for more then 2 seconds at a time.
    At short range, and even at long range I generally just keep the reticle at head level, line up the shot, and briefly tap left trigger+right trigger.
  18. Ronin Tetsuro

Ronin Tetsuro New Member

[​IMG]

Looks like you are attempting to select Assault and failing. Can I help?
  19. JerkinIsAHabitx

JerkinIsAHabitx New Member

I use this strategy and get headshots like one after another
  20. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

No that's not what i'm doing I like the sniper class and his skills but I don't want 2 be a camper who dosn't help the team with the money ball at all and is only after getting kills and playing like it's team deathmatch and it's rather effective