Uber Launcher - Auto Sign-in (how)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lordhog, June 13, 2014.

1. lordhog

lordhog New Member

Hello,

When the new PA Gamma Uber Launcher came into existence I haven't found a way for it to remember my password or auto-login, is it possible? I dislike having to enter my password all the time which requires me to launch and enter into my password manager to retrieve my password.

Regards
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

look here and more specifically here also here
    Last edited: June 13, 2014
  3. lordhog

lordhog New Member

Thanks, tatsujb. I hope a newer version includes a button that stores and encrypts the login credentials. One can hope.
  4. martenbe

martenbe New Member

No hate, just curiousity in the technical details: I don't understand why it would be so hard to implement. Isn't securely storing a password just adding a salt to it and hash it with sha256 or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

If you can decrypt it, anybody can decrypt it. Unless you add a secret, and you're back to entering a password again.

Hashing allows you to verify a password - but once again, it has to be provided so the hash can be compared.
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Well, "securely" stored using a hash isn't happening, but it's also unlikely that it would be hijacked if you trust the computer enough to remember the password.

I do agree that they should add one, I'd be surprised if it's too tough to implement.

Edit, sniped.
  7. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

for me, i am OK, with this state of login sequence.
    in fact what has happened is the auto-login feature has been removed from the game launcher and add to the in game start menu( removed the in game login)