The Planetary Annihilation Soundtrack Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, June 5, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

There seems to be several 'ambiance' tracks / versions of other tracks in the game that for some reason aren't in the sountrack. Not sure why, I really like those ones.
  2. welshenzie

welshenzie Member

Yeh, would be nice if they were released for download at some point too
  3. vyolin

vyolin Well-Known Member

The lorem ipsum thing is a real letdown. Just like the Legionis Machina translation it can all be explained and justified but in the end it still feels unnecessarily sloppy. Such a waste of a choir.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  4. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

Still waiting for my email :/
  5. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

I can't speculate on why you did not receive the email, but I can see the soundtrack has been assigned to your account. You can get your key at store.uberent.com/account/mykeys
  6. chazz00999

chazz00999 Member

7. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

I spoke too soon, of course :p
    But I held out hope that my complaint would engender a response disconfirming my suspicions, which it sadly didn't.

I would hazard to speculate that there is lyrical meaning in at the least a few songs.

By far my favorite is Requiem for the Fallen, it's very obvious at times they say "In memoriam" and "Requiam", further what I believe to be "ante de dulce requiescat" and "re dulce respiro". It's an epitaph of sweet relief. There's obviously a lot of words that I can't hear that well, but I think it'd be pretty easy to tell if it was gibberish or not.
    Maybe I'm just wishfully hearing things that could be.
    Invictus also is a likely candidate for meaning, especially the beginning whispers.

I should apologize, I still absolutely love the work as I've said, orchestration and instrumentation, and the voices are excellent.

Edit: the first word of "Planet Collisions" is totes "Planeta" then something like "de metus"
    popededi likes this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Old, but #26 I find myself humming that ALL THE TIME! :D
  9. grumpipolarbear

grumpipolarbear New Member

The photos were a great added touch, and the music is amazing!
  10. Jaedrik

Jaedrik Active Member

Also old, but I had this comment stirring in my head for quite a while.

I'm absolutely sure that Pawz' inability to follow the melody is most likely due to the excessively repetitive nature of most popular modern music.
    Music with full orchestras, classical in general, usually has a ton of instrumentation and nowhere near as much repetition and simplicity as... well, pretty much anything nowadays, period. Edit: I really don't think it's some artificially created disdain that I manufactured for myself to give a superior air, most of it really does grate against my sensibilities. Please do not think me haughty for this.
    I personally hate it. Most music I hear sounds exactly that, boring, the melody is so 'catchy', in other words dull, I don't want to listen to it any more, and this has to do with expression as well. Most songs nowadays are just forte, or mezzo forte the WHOLE way through, it annoys me to no end. Vocals, likewise, often have one style, bright, piercing, nothing darker or beautiful. It's kinda the same way with orchestras, sadly, not the dynamic expression that is, but that the strings want to tune higher and higher to get a brighter, louder sound.
    I'm nothing special, and I find myself humming the not-so-popular themes from the 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th, you know, the parts other than "Freude schoener gotter funken"? My favorite part is when the choir asks the world if it feels the creator, asks the millions of 'bruders', and says that above the stars a loving father must dwell. It gives me the chills just thinking about it I love it so much :D. My second favorite part is definitely when the Bass first starts singing as well. "OH FRIENDS, NOT THESE TONES!" In reference to the harshness of the orchestra just prior, and then the strings come back with him and transform the whole piece. Not like it hadn't undergone a billion transformations by that point already :p
    And pretty much any track that's not just track 3 from the Super Atragon soundtrack~
    If I can so readily grasp this sort of stuff, surely Pawz can with the proper mindset.
    Last edited: June 26, 2014
  11. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So any way to get the Soundtrack this far out? I see that it gets emailed. I just bought PA like a week ago and I got my confirmation email but never the Soundtrack email or the key for it.

Do I just keep waiting or contact support?
  12. UberGaf

UberGaf Uber Alumni

Shoot support an email if you don't have a soundtrack key in your "my keys".
    DeadStretch likes this.
  13. Xieneus

Xieneus New Member

Brilliant soundtrack