if you could choose ONE thing for dlc

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Brian And3rson, August 12, 2010.

1. Salen

Salen New Member

I think new maps is a requirement for choice #1 of new DLC.

But after we get past the obvious, I'd like to see NEW TEAMS!

We have Hotshots verses Icemen, but I want to see some of the other exciting MNC Teams out there. Or America's Next Top Senator.
  2. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

You have to think though if there are no other gametypes then the game will eventually get to the point that it dies of like battle field 1943 did. It only had one game mode and got old fast. Don't get me wrong MNC has a lot ahead of it and a long time b4 it gets old but it will eventually unless something new comes along.
  3. ACometAppears

ACometAppears New Member

It's a tough one, MNC IS crossfire (and Blitz to a lesser degree) and i think it can survive on crossfire alone with enough new maps and maybe slight adoptions to the current crossfire formula. ultimately i think Uber need to treat it like a sport, relying on some sort of persistent league or tournament mechanic that players can get involved in.

If you need evidence of games taking on the role of sport look at Starcraft, aright its got much more depth but theres no reason we cant see intense MNC team matches being shown with commentary, in fact i think the games success hinges on things like that!
  4. drunkdriver23

drunkdriver23 New Member

I guess if there is enough support from maps and other things maybe new costumes and stuff for the classes it might be able to stand on the 2 gametypes. Also I could see people playing tournaments with this game.
  5. Gomahetsuha

Gomahetsuha New Member

A 4v4v4 crossfire mode would be awesome with new skins and a few new bots to be introduced in blitz map.
  6. Qbakies

Qbakies New Member

I agree that this needs to be treated like a sport so the game shouldn't see major changes to gameplay mechanics. Certainly do balance fixes but don't make sweeping changes.

The only reason BF 1943 got old for me was because they never released additional maps. New arenas for MNC should be a no-brainer as DLC so let's hope that's what they have in mind.
  7. The_Jx4

The_Jx4 New Member

A Multi-Team version of Crossfire would be extremely fun. Smaller bases, smaller money balls, bigger chaos.
  8. Brian And3rson

Brian And3rson New Member

i agree! multi team was in my top 3 favorite game modes in Halo 3. this game seems great for it too! but, if one team's money ball get eliminated, what does that eliminated team do? maybe choose to spectate or leave while still keeping the cash they already earned? or maybe still take part in the remainder of the game somehow? split up the eliminated team evenly to be put on the two remaining teams? seems like an idea.