Anchors

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by yigitusta9, June 1, 2014.

1. yigitusta9

yigitusta9 New Member

All the defences and the units in the game are fine, for example you can take out artilleries with aircraft and own laserplatforms with your avengers, however these anchors are way too OP. they can shoot both naval, ground, air and orbital units and it takes at least 7-8 avengers to take em out if they are not protected with something else. In most of the matches i play, me and the opponent start spamming those anchors on top of our bases. And make at least 30-40 avengers, and send em at eachother.

I think anchors should be weakened, at least they shouldnt be able to hit avengers, they should be like the laser platforms only attacking non orbital units. What do you think?
  2. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

I would go the opposite and make them only fire at orbital over ground. That is what the laser satellite is for.
  3. dnastyfunkmaster

dnastyfunkmaster New Member

Or just reduce their damage, keep their durability because they're used as an orbital "wall". They shouldn't be able to hit anything moving on the ground, but I had scenarios where my anchors fought umbrellas when the enemy attacked my base from the ground.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I actually like anchors more or less the way they are. I think perhaps avengers should be slightly more effective at hitting them (or even make a second orbital unit which is anti structure), but anchors are a great option for planet invasion, for protecting your orbital assets, and as a minor defensive help against invading armies below. I'd be open to seeing their role be split among several units, or redefined slightly, but we need a method of orbital to ground attack that isn't bordering on experimental territory like the SSX.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. woutske

woutske New Member

The anchors are too hard to kill. Someone built 1 above my base and I have a really hard time destroying it since it killed all my units that were building umbrella's.
  6. waterlimon

waterlimon Member

They could make anchors shoot rockets and allow AA to shoot them down. This would require allowing AA to shoot other rockets down as well for consistency, so it might not work.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I don't understand why anchors can shoot a everything.

If they can shoot down, then why let them shoot at orbital stuff?
  8. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

I like they way they are, but I agree that the role should be split between two units.

One a landing breach head to help orbital invasion, the other defense from orbital units.

I'm still waiting for the assault eggs which would allow direct land invasion rather than the slow requirement of an orbital breach head. Most of the time that breach teleporter get's nuked or catapulted, even with anchor support.
  9. varkarrus

varkarrus New Member

anchors are fine, especially with how easy it is too spam avengers.
    In fact, it should be avengers that are buffed, not orbitals, because right now its waay too easy to build 500 avengers and slow the game to a crawl. Why not just 50 avengers at 10 times the power each?
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Buff avengers and get nukes hitting orbital units.

if someone builds an anchor over your base, well, you can get umbrellas well before anchors, that's kinda your fault.
  11. karolus10

karolus10 Member

I'm not very sure if anchors, should be able to shoot ground, but I don't mind even buffing them against air units... they always feel more like an orbital flak turrets
  12. icefire909

icefire909 Member

What if the doughnuts had 3 seperate guns.
    1 anti orbital cannon
    1 anti ground cannon
    1 anti air cannon

so instead of about 4 twin cannons laying waste to everything coming, if it's just tanks/bots then their damage output is reduced by a third without actually changing what they can shoot. Just HOW MUCH they can shoot. And with an anti air cannon has the chance to miss if they micro the dodging or something
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'd rather they go back to being a dedicated orbital tank thing.
  14. thepastmaster

thepastmaster Active Member

I like them the way they are. The Umbrella is supposed to out range Anchors anyway. Also: Basic Orbital Tech is MUUUCH more common than artillery tech for when the enemy Commander hides out in the ocean.
    PeggleFrank likes this.