Question and concern: upcoming commanders.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Nicb1, June 6, 2014.

1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Just wanted to ask a quick question about the upcoming commanders from uber.
    At some point we (the community) were promised that we would get something like a 100 commanders to choose from (I may have this number wrong), but with the recent implementation of micro-transactions, I was curious as to whether the existing free commanders will be the only free commanders that we get to choose from in PA's future.

The main questions is, will we be getting any more free commanders from Uber or are those 100 commanders that were promised to us all be unlockable only via micro-transactions?

I worry that since the introductions of micro-transactions, Uber will not be giving us anymore free commanders with the base game, and the fact that we have already gotten one micro-transaction commander that was developed by uber and not in conjunction with the $1000 backers only serves to cement my concern.

I'm hoping that someone can clear this issue up for me.
    cmdrflop likes this.
  2. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

100 is the number of $1000 comms. Nobody said we'll get that many for free. They said there will be "plenty" of commanders for everyone, through, so I'm kinda expecting at least a few more. We still only have one tank-commander and weapon variety is not great.
    Last edited: June 6, 2014
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. muhatib

muhatib Member

i want borg stile levitation comms: the sphere comm. and the cube comm. :cool: my 2 faforite comm. design
  4. tiberiusxix

tiberiusxix New Member

I'd play with a dalek shaped commander.
  5. DalekDan

DalekDan Active Member

plz someone make this
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  6. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

At the moment, and probably continuing post-release, commanders are identical save for cosmetic differences, there might be one or two of the micro-transaction ones you're particularly keen to use, but just remember that at the end of the day, it's just a skin.

Most of the time you'll only be seeing it as a unit icon anyway.
    PeggleFrank likes this.
  7. Pendaelose

Pendaelose Well-Known Member

You're right... ...I need a Dalek shaped icon too.
    DalekDan, aevs and PeggleFrank like this.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Well, we've still yet to receive Metrarch the Machnist, and since he's a faction leader it's fair to assume that he'll be free like the others.
    I'm still curious as to why Metrarch is taking so long though o_O
  9. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

All Commanders are Faction leaders.
  10. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

The question i would like to know is this. The progenitor commander. Commander loyal to the progenitors? or commander being piloted by a progenitor?
  11. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Most likely still loyal rather than piloted; no-one knows where the Progenitors have gone after Time Designation Zero.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  12. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

In a lore sense that's not true.
  13. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Not all Lore has been revealed though.
  14. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

The parts of it that were revealed clearly said that leaders have followers. Followers are commanders, but are not leaders.