The problem with over time

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Nobby, February 1, 2011.

1. Nobby

Nobby New Member

This is my experience of Pubs only. playing as any of my preferred classes, Tank, Assault, Support, Gunner.

Basically it comes down to assassins buying juice and sneaking shots on the money ball.

i see 3 tactics for OT

1. i defend the money ball, and get rolled by a juiced sin

2. Defend the juice spawn, difficult during over time & gives the sin free range on my money ball unjuiced.

3. i attack the enemy money ball, as a visible person i can do some damage but get picked out eventually, whilst the sin is juicing my own money ball.

When ive played sin ive won games like this easily.

I see this as a bit of a game breaker at the moment
    and how do i deal with that tactic?
  2. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Control the Juice Vendors, control annihilator, CC the Sin while your Sin is wasting their Moneyball
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Teamwork.

Which is a problem, considering this is a pub. game question.
  4. Nobby

Nobby New Member

I call impossible to CC the sin because of their 3 escape abilities..

and a smart sin who utilizes the juice would be smart enough to just wait till i was distracted and grab what ever i was defending, or like i said, just go straight for the money ball and snipe at it with shirukens...

I think the solution to this is to wait for the pub community to mature a bit.. and if the problem persists

Reduce the amount of money earned shooting the money ball during OT so they cant just chain buy juice.
  5. grimbar

grimbar New Member

There is no chain-buying with just two vending machines, also CCing Sins is entirely possible; people do it on a regular basis.
  6. Lord Wadsworth

Lord Wadsworth New Member

Overtme is just a mechanic to let raw strength do all the talking.

So keep one guy around your money ball, and the others just all suicide push the ball.
  7. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You know what's easier than defending your moneyball? Attacking theirs...

Whoever kills it first, wins, no?
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

No matter what period of the game it is you gain $1 for every 1 damage you do to the Moneyball and you want to lessen that?

Juiced Assassins are one of the easier Pros to CC simply because they are extremely predictable.

Overtime is all about being prepared.
  9. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I do this. It works. :3
  10. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Any experienced player is going to laugh at this statement, because assassins are considered the easiest or second easiest to crowd control. They're predictable (typically head straight for the moneyball or nearest turret), and they rely heavily on their melee attack making them especially susceptible to grapples, charges, slam, etc.

Also, if you force the assassin to escape, then you have successfully CC'd her.
  11. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

This.
  12. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

When it comes to the moneyball, an assassins main job is to keep it down. Your team will eventually die off to respawn zerg but utilizing your abilities you should be able to live and chill somewhere. The key thing to remember is you have 30 seconds to hit it just once, so get in good spots and hit it occasionally while you wait for your team to get back up to the front-line. Don't get greedy and draw attention from an entire team, that's honestly the only thing you have to worry about.

On another note, it's incredibly easy to chain buy juice if you're the only person doing it.
  13. tron

tron New Member

ever watch a real sporting event?

overtime rarely happens.

you can count on overtime here almost every time.

other games over time usually means stalemate or no respawn.

this game appears to have holes.
  14. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

Overtime only happens in the following scenarios:

1. Buying juice is disabled

2. Your team doesn't have a player that knows how to utilize the annihilator and juice

3. Noobs, noobs everwhere
  15. tron

tron New Member

what you think all these kids play assassin for the teamwork?
  16. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

Good assassins know their role and how to be a credit to their team. Random pubs playing assassin (or any other class for that matter) wouldn't know teamwork if it bit them in the *** 90% of the time.

The ability to stealth, or go invisible has always appealed to a large crowd.
  17. tron

tron New Member

it's great how you guys all assume that everyone plays as a team for the team.

it's also great to assume that people stay in the room longer then 1-3 games.

so it's probably safe to assume you won't get much team gel going on, unless you play with friends.

it's also safe to assume you aren't always playing with your friends or an organized squad.

it's probably safe to assume that one players skill or ego doesn't out weigh the holes and gaps.
  18. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

So, because this game ends in MORE stalemates, there is a problem?

If people don't like OT, then... maybe you should edit the game and make it the way you want... oh wait. :|
  19. Traitorr

Traitorr New Member

It's great how I assume you would have any reading comprehension skills.

First off I didn't state that everyone plays as a team, I actually stated the opposite hence my first point.

Secondly, yes a single player can fill the gaps. The vast majority however lack the skills necessary to carry a team based game.
  20. tron

tron New Member

then can we address the issue?