[PACE Official]: 6 Ways to Awesome - Final Score Posted

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by OathAlliance, May 28, 2014.

1. Martenus

Martenus Well-Known Member

Well, there seem to be two major opinions:

Competition is what creates good progress - Two units compete against each other, introducing new stuff and constantly evolving

Cooperation - Two units work together to bring the best technologies at the same time and evolve

I am for competition, personally. It just works better it is not slower/worse then cooperation. Cooperation in many cases is slow and dull, because you have to deal with politics rather than the thing you should focus on.

So as long as some drama and rivalty flows, I am happy. I keeps us improve and do new great things.
  2. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

I feel like there hasn't been a pissing contest in a while. With the exception of this thread (which I feel has been pretty amicable, the only impact this is having is keeping a tournament thread at the top) general exodus policy has been to avoid posting in PACE threads precisely to avoid that kind of drama in the first place.

If you want us out of here we'll take our leave now. Good luck with the event!
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

You are all forgetting clopsey's unorganized nice tournaments. Prob won't be using an abbreviation for that one.
    trialq, damnhippie, bradaz85 and 5 others like this.
  4. totalannihilation

totalannihilation Active Member

You mean CUONTO? or maybe CLUNTY?

Not sure if you guys have read this whole thread, but a newcomer just asked what is the difference, and then you guys pull up all the drama and the fight.
    The fact is, thesambasti's post explaining why the eXodus was made of PACE former members was completely unnecessary and uncalled, some details should be just suppressed. And Martenus's post depicting cooperation versus competition was uncalled for.

Nobody asked for a fight, or to know the reasons why one group came from the other, a newcomer just made a simple question. If either of you had to present a seminary in a scientific congress, you would be cut out, because you guys can't be succint and direct.

There is an old saying in Brazil: "Dirty clothes should be washed at home"
    It means that the internal problems should be not public.

Aside from that, this tournament will be awesome :)
    It is time to put some grenadiers into an epic tournament
    and holy Jesus, the tournament will be in two weeks and there are already 30 people signed in!!
    Unforntunately, that tournamet is in the same day of my first final
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

As I was saying -

The difference is one is open to everyone, the other wants to remain professional and uses certain people as their *face*.

Both are just fine, and it would be nice if their members would stop bringing up the drama. There is no need for it. You can watch and participate in both organizations, without hassle.

Drop. It. Everyone.
    bradaz85 and cptconundrum like this.
  6. mered4

Drama and rivalry are two different things, Martenus.

Drama is drumming up unnecessary conflict for the sake of conflict. Rivalry is a well-established competition between two parties that usually compels both to do whatever it takes to be better.

Competition is what we need, not drama and rivalry.
    bradaz85 and cptconundrum like this.
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Please tell me this isn't a joke. Can we spectators make bets on the winner and pay people off to throw the game?
    bradaz85 and mered4 like this.
  8. cptconundrum

I suppose I should add that I love friendly rivalry and think two different takes on eSports are a great idea. I don't think anyone in the community wants to know about anything more than that and both groups (this includes me) need to just drop this drama and learn to be professional enough to leave our egos behind. There is much less actual malice between these two groups than there is perceived malice, so the good news is that this is a problem we can solve by just letting it go.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to being in this tournament rather than helping to organize one. I just need to convince my girlfriend not to have her birthday party that day and everything will be perfect!
  9. mered4

Good.
    Freaking.
    Luck.

Seriously. You'll need it.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  10. totalannihilation

Well said. Enough said.
    End of discussion. Anything else should be addressed via private conversation. The forum has an amazing forum chat system, we should use it to talk these privates matters.

Now let's talk about this awesome tournament
  11. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

We still need casters and volunteers!
  12. OathAlliance

We have 31 Players right now! Let's bump that number up!
  13. OathAlliance

Casters are still needed!
  14. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Up to 36 people.

Don't miss out on the action!
  15. totalannihilation

16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Dude the solution to that one (and to not end up looking like a total selfish ****) is for YOU to organise her a birthday party (which just so happens by coincidence to avoid the tourney XD)...

Letting her organise her own bash, then making her move it for a game (even one as epic as PA) sounds like a recipe for no girlfriend to me lol...
  17. cptconundrum

Actually I'll just drop from the tournament if something that important in real life conflicts with it. I'm also expecting to need to drop out if they don't fix this ui lag. I haven't been able to play competitively at all since the Galactic War update.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. soliderfighter

soliderfighter Member

Yeah me too, ui is lagging way too much for me to play competitively and it all happened after the galactic war update. Anyway might sign up :) but not sure if I'm busy or not.
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Have y'all tried that UI lag mod?

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-ko-deferred-or-lightspeed-ui-ahead.58294/
  20. cptconundrum

Yeah of course. KO Deferred does help, but this new problem doesn't seem to be related to it. It sounds like it isn't affecting everyone the same though. I seem to have it worse than most people.