Co-op doesn't work

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by MooseDude, January 23, 2011.

1. MooseDude

MooseDude New Member

if i create a blitz game my friends cant join.
    someone know how to fix it?

thx Moose
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

port forwarding.
  3. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

What about slamming EVERY port wide and forwarded and it still not working? :/

Could just do 1-99999 on both TCP and UDP to make sure and it still won't work.
  4. Mail

Mail New Member

I forwarded my ports, and while my friend could see my server, when he tried to join, he timed out and I was brought back to the menu. Anybody got any tips? Are there TCP ports I should be forwarding in addition to the UDP 7777 and 7778?
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Make sure you have this range:

TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780
  6. Mail

Mail New Member

Ah! I was misinformed, I will test this right away.
  7. Providence

Providence New Member

Blitz worked for me last patch, does not work anymore this patch, I haven't changed a thing. Friends simply can not join my server and I can't join theirs. I opened the right ports.
  8. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We changed ports since last patch to allow for multiple dedicated servers on one machine. Make sure you have these set:

TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780
  9. Mail

Mail New Member

The ports worked, I can now play blitz whenever I want to! Thanks so much, Ekanaut.
  10. MooseDude

MooseDude New Member

well the problem is that my friend cant even see the room that i created
    sorry for the little info

Moose
  11. MooseDude

MooseDude New Member

oohh dont know how but i can see my friends game (btw he has open port) but if i jion and we start it says ''connection to the host has been lost''

Moose
  12. ActionPoohole

ActionPoohole New Member

[​IMG]

My modem has this... i try putting things in and it doesn't work... please tell me what to put where... I'm usually tech savvy but i'm not a network guy at all..

Should be able to play a Co Op game without this hassle :(

Thanks in advance! :)

Also if I type this in [​IMG]

I press apply I get this
    [​IMG]

I've been trying and i'm getting a massive headache lol... please help :(
  13. ActionPoohole

ActionPoohole New Member

I managed to work it out... Apparently I had to put it in the private section too...

Also in case anyone is having the same issue as me... the 11 is the last number on the end of your "Local IP" address ..

If you want to find what yours is.. go to Start> Run> type in CMD and press enter..
    In the prompt type IPCONFIG press enter

Look for something called IPv4(maybe might be something different im not a network guy) ... mine is 192.168.2.11

it will be similar to your Default Gateway which mine is 192.168.2.1 ...

So just paste the 11 or whatever yours is in that box...

[​IMG]

Just passin on what I learned... hopefully will help someone :) thanks for reading.
  14. R234

R234 New Member

I also have this problem with my friend. Both of us forwarded the aforementioned ports, we even went as far as deactivating our firewalls (that often is the problem, damn you McAfee) but we still can't host a Blitz game. Even more baffling is that when he hosts a game, I can't even see it on the server list, and when I try joining through the Steam friend list, a window pops up saying "Server is not responding" right away without even trying to join, and pressing the "refresh" and "join game" buttons don't do squat. On the other hands, my friend says when I host a game, he can actually see it but when he tries to join, he gets a connection lost message.

By the way, I never was able to host an internet game on Steam, save for L4D and L4D2, which seem to work differently. Gotta say I never really tried to get it working in, say, TF2 because it's easy to find an empty dedicated server to play with my friends, but MNC has none for Blitz.

If anyone has any idea what might be the cause, please let me know. I almost smashed my monitor to pieces yesterday for trying to get this to work.

EDIT: We heard that it might only be Blitz, but we tried hosting a Crossfire match too, and it didn't work either.
  15. derjar

derjar New Member

I have the same problem. I have forwarder or mentioned ports + UDP 1200 mentioned I dont know where already and I still can not host Blitz (I can host but nobody can not join) I did not tried host crossfire because there is no problem to find server . I have even downloaded PFPortChecker to try if they are forwarded right and they are. But I know that problem is in my router linksys WRT54GH, when I gave him away and connected directly I could host blitz game and people connected to me. I have tried to disable router firewall but it did not help. Have somebody some tip what should I try ? :?: I have windows 7 64b but it is not probly system problem when it worked without router.
  16. R234

R234 New Member

Wish I could try to bypass the router, unfortunately that is an impossibility for me where I am right now. Even worse is I found out that for some obscure retarded reason I can't even access this router's menu to even try and forward ports and whatnot. On the weekends I go to my parent's, but their modem IS a router, and I don't know if it even is possible to deactivate the router functions. What a mess. Is Uber ever going to help us out with this issue?

EDIT: First off, sorry if I souded like I was blaming Uber, I had accumulated quite a bit of frustration trying to play with my friend. Second, we managed to play together by going DMZ. That's a bit excessive, but that at least proves hosting is a possibility. Whew...
  17. Burner

Burner New Member

R234, I somewhat have a similar issue and setup. My ISP has a cable modem here that acts like a router, then it has a connection to my linksys router that is the connection for all my pc and wireless. Putting the port forwarding on the linksys is pointless because the cable modem is the gateway to the internet. Plus, I cannot access it.

Have not started to look into the dedicated server thing, but I have access to one. Can we setup a blitz server on a dedicated, or are they only for crossfire matches?
  18. traitormagnus

traitormagnus Member

For now there are no dedicated blitz server capabilities, unfortunately.