Limit Theory – Single Player, Epic Scale, No Limits, Space Sim

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, May 21, 2014.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Looks awesome. Now, the biggest thing I want in a space game is boarding parties.

I want my little fighters to be able to hull breach a big fighter by attaching themselves then sending my crew in to overtake, or at the very least hamper, the opponent.

I don't see anything about that on the Limit Theory site, but you seem to be more informed than I am. Do you know if they'll have that?

I understand the focus is on fleet combat, but that doesn't mean I don't want my elite squad of space pirates to board and disrupt their capital ships while the fight is going on.
  2. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Star Citizen has that face. Star Citizen is shaping up to be a pretty great game
    arseface likes this.
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'm done talking to a brick wall.
  4. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

We'll just have to let the results speak for themselves. And so far, the only results that we can talk about are those we see from ED. The others will come when we can play them.

Does LT have a closed-alpha or something going on right now? Or is that still down the line? I can't quite remember.
  5. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

Just be honest Sylvester, ED is paying you for advertisement, right? :p
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

We can see a bunch from all three games actually.

LT does have a closed Alpha and the monthly update videos. Which we're do for one any day now. Gonna be awesome!
  7. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Well, what I mean is actually playing the results for ourselves. (That's why I asked if LT was actually in playable form.) You can see all kinds of pretty screenshots, but the game may not be fun. Likewise, the game may look buggy and broken, but when it actually comes time to play, it may turn out to be a gem. Only ED is in a place where its gameplay can actually be judged. None of the others are quite there yet. (Though I guess LT technically is, and SC should partially reach that point this week.)